Girl time, 19

"Trrr..trrr ... trrr," The screen of my laptop turns on, I forgot that my friends and I were gonna video chat. We usually do that when we are done with important homework and have time left.
I put my computer on my real windowsill and grab my sketchbook. I take a pencil box from my desk and sit down on my window seat again.  I answer the call and the faces of Jade and Danielle and the room of Indira appear on my screen.

"Hay," I call.

"Heeyy," they respond in choir.

"Where is Sylvana?" I no longer need an answer to my question, because her face appears on the screen too.

"Hey hey," she says. She is typing her paper about Argentina.

Indira also appears walking towards the camera with a bowl of chips. Danielle is straightening her hair and Jade is watching a movie.

"Where are you going, Dani, why are you styling your hair?" Jade asks.

"I'm going to ..." she says distracted, she looks over the screen in her mirror. Then she responds looking in the camera again.

"Oh no, I'm not going anywhere, I'm just trying things with my hair," she laughs.

I grab my pencils and start sketching again. You can already see that it is another drawing in a forest.

"Who is going to watch that new show? It will start in ten minutes" Jade looks at her TV while talking.

"Which show?" I ask.

"That new dance show" I hear Jade respond.

"Oh no, I'm not going to watch," I usually watch dance shows but I'm not in the mood to watch it while I can't even do the simples routines myself.

"I think I'll take a look," Indira announces with her mouth full of chips.

"Yes me too," Danielle sang.

"Not me, I'm still working on this annoying paper." Sylvana mumbles.

"So Cira, how was your lunch break? Sylvana asks looking in the camera again. I'm now looking up at the screen for the first time. They all look up at the screen, and I'm sure they're looking at me.

"Yes uhm ... nice." I answered awkwardly, looking at my pencils again. Now all the questions will come and with that all the lies.

They are silent for a second. I know they think I act weird because I don't talk about him. But I can't tell the truth and I don't want to lie to them.

"Why don't you tell us anything?" Indira says, looking hurt. "We always tell each other everything." 

It's not fair to make me feel guilty. We almost never keep anything from each other. I don't want them to think that I don't trust them. But this is not something I can just tell.

"What do you want to know?" I look at my sketchpad again, so they can't see my face properly.
I can tell them the truth as long as it isn't about werewolves or Vini's.

"Do you like him?'' Daniëlle asks, her voice serious.

"No, "I replied before thinking about it. I look away from the screen at my drawing.

''No? Why not? "Indira raises her voice and puts another chip in her mouth.

Because I don't trust him. I don't know what he is up to. We won't ever work as a couple.

"I don't know," I say and smile. "I don't know him that well yet. It will just be a drama." They all nod.

I don't know if he is dangerous, why he gave me all the answers to my questions today and when he will leave.