Meet the pack part 2,32

"That wasn't scary right?" Valentina waits for my answer with a smile on her face.

"No, I wasn't," I say smiling back. That was unnecessary panic, I panic a lot I notice.

"Did you think it was weird? Are we very different from normal people?" We both look at the open space.

''No not at all. You only talk about other things." I simply answer.

I have a question, the answer can be very logical or very complicated.

"How come Jason learned everything so quickly? Joshua and Justin have been wolves longer than he right?" We face each other before she answers.

"Yes, Joshua and Justin have been wolves longer than Jason has been. But just to be clear, you don't become a wolf at a certain age. It could be that Jason had been a wolf since his tenth while they turned for the first time at their sixteenth." She explains. 

I nod, Jason had already said this.

"I think Jason turned the first time about two years again and the twins four years ago." 

Wow, the twins have been wolved two years longer than Jason, but he is faster at changing than they are. It is nice to see that they are not the jealous types. 

"But ok back to your question. Jason has done a lot of research. Since what happened to his mother, all his attention and time went to studying werewolves. We thought that was just a distraction. When you first change it is at full moon. You know in advance that it will happen just like we know with Mason now. Soon it will be full moon and then he will start changing. The nails come first, next time the ears. Usually, you completely change after a couple of full moons. Because Jason was already so well prepared, he changed completely the first time. He spent all day practicing in his room. I think he started with his nails. The first time he tried it would probably take him a lot off time.  He just kept on practicing until he can do it as fast as he can now. This way, he has practiced everything step by step and is perfecting it. Since the last full moon, he tried not to change. That is very difficult because the moon gives them the power to change. The moon forces them to change, which is why the first changes only come at a full moon."

"Oh wow," Is all I have to say. I think back to the story about the upper alphas. Why was it so important for him to be able to do everything as quickly as possible? He is a perfectionist, I'm sure about that one. 

"Would you like to be a werewolf?" I ask. She looks at me with frowned eyebrows. 

"Uhm no, actually not." She remains silent for a moment and looks in front of her. "Well, sometimes,'' she admits. ''When they all start running in the forest, when they hear or see something that I can't, but the most annoying thing is talking, I talk to them less when they have changed."

''Why?'' I would be mean if they were to busy being wolves to talk to her.

''They all talk to each other in their heads," she says quickly. 

Can they read each other's thoughts? Is mind link a real thing? 

"They can share their thoughts with each other. If we were wolves and we would like to talk to each other, we could read each other's thoughts to know what we want to say.'' 

''So if Jason says something to Jake, they will all hear it?"

"No, only the person you're talking to can hear it. You can also only hear wolves that are in your pack. So it is usually quiet because they all talk to each other in their heads."

"Wow," So you can just talk with each other during a test. You can just say things to your friends that you usually can't say out loud because people are there.