A Busy Day

Four years ago, Zelda was still locked in the century long battle with Calamity Ganon. Those one hundred years were filled with fear and no rest.

Four years ago, Link awoke from the Shrine of Resurrection and saved the princess and Hyrule from the rampage of malice. He had lost all memory of his life before the calamity, and so came back to a completely alien land.

Four years ago, the princess and her knight traversed the land of Hyrule, seeking alliance from all four races, and on a blessed night, confessed their love to each other.

That was all four years ago. But now, Zelda was fast asleep in her four poster bed, lost in calming dreams, free of worry.

"Zelda..."

Her name echoed through her head.

"Zelda."

The voice sounded familiar.

"Zelda!"

Her eyes flickered open to see a cheery face beam over her. His blue eyes locked onto her green ones, his golden side burns falling down the side of his face.

"I'm sorry to have awoken the Queen from her slumber, but... You did the same to me."

"What, I woke you up from a one hundred year sleep to save Hyrule?" Zelda mumbled as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Well, my Queen, you have a lot to attend to today." Link said as he watched Zelda staggered out of her bed.

"Like what, General Link..."

"You have to meet up with some merchants, go visit the townsfolk," He listed off as Zelda slowly  slipped out of her nightgown into her royal gown, "go to a meeting with a few ambassadors of neighbouring kingdoms, and don't forget the ba-"

"Oh Hylia!" She exclaimed whilst lost in her dress, "I forgot!"

Link chuckled as she ran about the room, searching for her shoes and silk gloves. He busied himself by adjusting his arm guard and tightening his belt, then by picking the little bits of fluff from his tunic, which was a green and yellow version of his old blue and white Champion's Tunic. He tried to avert his eyes from Zelda so he wouldn't burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm going to be late!" She gasped, scurrying around the room.

"Are you not eating breakfast?" He asked.

"No time." Zelda replied as she quickly kissed him on his cheek, "You need to shave."

"I thought I'd grow a beard." He said, stroking his chin.

"Yeah, so the soldiers don't think that their General is some boy." Zelda laughed hastily as she slipped on her shoes and gloves after finally finding them, "Bye, love you!"

She hurried out of the room and left Link staring at the spot where she disappeared.

"Oh, wait!"

Zelda reappeared at the door.

"You're going to be at the meeting with the ambassadors, right?" She asked, "the General has got to be there."

"Yeah, I'll be there." Link replied.

"Oh, good." Zelda said ,"ok, bye."

She hurried out of the room again and ran through the hallways of the rebuilt castle. It had been restored to its former glory, and looked exactly as it did one hundred years ago. A lot of hard work went into re-building the castle, but the result was phenomenal, and Zelda was certain that the people of Hyrule were more than happy to have the centre piece of their kingdom restored to its former glory.