Stephen?

•Stephen's POV•
Loki didn't really react. He just laid back, closed his eye, sighed, and said, "Thank you, Stephen."
That meant a lot to me. He used my first name for the first time, and it felt odd but I felt like he trusted me.
I covered my mouth as I smiled.

•.•.•

I couldn't sleep at all that night.
I had decided to stay in Loki's room for the night to keep him company, but with everything that happened in such a small amount of time, my mind was racing.

Loki didn't seem to sleep well either. He would sometimes start to shiver and whimper, but eventually he would stop.

I had given up on trying to sleep and was looking out the window at the bright New York skyline, when I heard Loki mumbling.

"Stephen?"
I looked over at Loki to see if he was awake.
Nope. His eyes were closed and he was softly mumbling my name over and over.

I felt a fluttery feeling in my chest.
I didn't want to wake him up, because manners, but he wouldn't stop. His mumbles were slowly turning into what I could only describe as a cry for help, and became very concerned.

So I got up and leaned against his bead on my knees.
Loki had turned my way in a fetal position, his face half smashed into the pillow. He was shivering and his eyebrow kept furrowing. He looked half pissed-off, half terrified, though his eye was still closed.

I slipped my hand into his and softly squeezed it.
"Loki,"
Loki's shaking and crying was growing more intense.
"Loki," I said, a bit louder this time. Loki reacted the same, shaking and now almost weakly yelling.
I grabbed the back of his head and yelled, "LOKI!"

Loki's eyes shot open. He went completely silent, the only sound he made was the sound of him heavy breathing.
He staired straight into my eyes and I looked into his. His eye was a bright bottle green, a stark contrast to the dark hole where his other eye should be and where half his face was now a sickening dark grey.

Loki softly started to sob, and tightly wrapped his arms around me. I felt his forehead pressed against my chest as to not break the breathing mask or something.

"Is- is he gone?" Loki sobbed, his voice sounding oddly deep as week as light and weak.

"Who?" I asked

"T-Thanos?" Loki choked.

"Thanos was never here,"

Loki let go and backed up, his arms still wrapped around my sides. He softly smiled, his bottom lip trembling.

"You're safe with me, Loki."