And

•Stephen's POV•
The tone in Loki's voice pierced me like a knife. The six simple words he just spoke revealed a lot about him.
What he said revealed he had been through some sort of trauma while on Asgard, and the way he said it suggested he wasn't mentally sound at all.

Something happened to him.
Something horrible.

I put my hand on his shoulder. He froze as I asked, "what happened?"

He stared at me for a second, then looked down and rubbed his hands together.
I could tell he wanted to say something. But something was holding him back.

He started, still looking down, "when I was attacking New York, I had a weapon that could control minds. I was under the control of that weapon, and Thanos was the one controlling it."
He looked up at me. "After the battle of New York, I was imprisoned. In Asgard. And I started having these episodes."

"Episodes? Like, what kind of episodes?" I asked him.

"I don't know really how to describe them. I would see thanos, in front of me, with all the stones. I would always have anxiety attacks. And afterwards I-"
Loki looked back a his hands, a finger tugging at his sleeve.

"You what?" I said nervously.

He looked at the wall in front of him and started shaking.
"I- I um," he swallowed, his face getting pale. "Not again,"

Loki backed up, looking terrified, and started mumbling to himself. He looked up at seemingly nothing.
His eyes had become dazed as he started  whispering, "No, no no this isn't real this isn't real," over and over.

He suddenly turned over, digging his face deep into his pillow and shaking violently. He started sobbing.

I leaned over and lightly rubbed his head, then moved my hand down to his neck. Loki slowly started calming down, his breathing slowing and shaking less.

He swallowed, trying to get a hold of himself. "Thank you," He mumbled.

He leaned back and closed his eyes, still shaking but seemingly calming down. My hand was still resting on his neck, and I felt my face get hot.

Loki's face was red, wet with tears and it looked like he was slowly falling asleep. His eyes would droop closed and he would open them again, only for them to shut once more.

Then, his eyes shut and he didn't open them again. He completely stopped shaking, and my hand felt misplaced, being right under his neck as he was asleep. I didn't want to move my hand at all.