I Promise

It's been 2 weeks since the situation with Jae happened. In those two weeks, unnoticed at first but quickly pointed out by Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok's initials had turned a golden color with black outlines. Upon further investigation, they found that it meant their bond had completely formed and they were more tuned to each other.

Jae still visits Jimin at work and Hoseok made it his mission to stick to Jimin's side for as long as possible during those times. At first, it was cute but soon it began to worry Jimin... which lead him to searching up 'why is my soulmate so overprotective' and his results were surprising and... heartbreaking.

~~

It's movie night after a long work day, well Hoseok worked, Jimin had the day off. The two are cuddled up next to each other in their pjs while watching 'Fate of the Furious'.

"Why are you so overprotective, Hobi?" Jimin asks suddenly, making Hoseok jump a little.

"What do you mean, agi?" Hoseok asks as he pops a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"I mean, if you're not at work or checking on Yoongi hyung, you're glued to my side- which is nice but a little too much," Jimin says, being careful with what he says. He doesn't know what could trigger Hoseok; he also doesn't know if the information he found online is even slightly accurate but he's not taking any chances.

"I'm not making you uncomfortable, am I?" The worry in Hoseok's voice and eyes as he stares back at him almost makes Jimin backtrack. On top of that, there's an immense feeling of guilt coming from the man which makes Jimin begin to wonder: What could be haunting this man so much to make him feel this way?

"No, you're not. It's just worrying."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I did some research about it and I found some reason behind your behavior..." Jimin pauses as the color drains from Hoseok's face and the feeling of anxiety overwhelms him.

"Y-You don't have to tell me anything, cheonsa. Not until you're ready." Jimin quickly adds as Hoseok stands up slowly.

"Um... I-I think it's time for me to go home, agi." The older man mumbles stiffly, not looking at the other man. Jimin, unable to find the right words because of the overwhelming emotions he feels from their soulmate bond, just nods. His eyes are glued to Hoseok the whole time he's gathering his things and putting his shoes on... until the door closes behind the man.

Jimin sighs as he pauses the movie and starts to clean up. He throws the popcorn away, turns the tv off, and then heads upstairs to his room.

"Shouldn't have said anything... but he would notice I was keeping something from him." Jimin mumbles to himself as he gets into bed. About 5 minutes later his phone buzzes and, instead of ignoring it, he picks it up to see that it's a message from Hoseok.

~

❤️Cheonsa❤️

[11:23 PM]

I'm sorry for just leaving but I didn't want to accidentally say something that would upset you or me. I don't know what you found but I'll explain when I'm ready. I promise.

Me

[11:24 PM]

I understand 😊

Goodnight cheonsa

❤️Cheonsa❤️

[11:25 PM]

Goodnight, agi