26- Birthday awkwardness

Before you read, what do you thinks going to happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well this is awkward I thought, as me and Callum and my mum stood there in silence in the living room. Callum was the first one here, no one else was here yet. He was the first guy friend of mine and not Chris's to ever set foot in our house.From the way mum was acting I could be sure that this would be his last visit.

"Would you like a drink?" She offered holding a carpisun and J20 right in front of the poor boys face.
"Erm yes please." He said taking the caprisun.
"Anything else should I take your coat or bag." Mum said sounding excited that he was male.

After he had given her his coat and bag, we only managed to both say hi to each other shyly before my mum had came back into the room, staring at us and causing a defining silence.....

Embarrassing mother - Check
Crush at party - Check
Life over- In progress......

<8 hours before>

Waking up I smiled to myself. It was my birthday and I was finally 14. It was the last day of school, Anna still had school, but my other friends were coming over later. It was the last day of the year so we had a half day, school would finish at 12. Then I would have a small chill out party.

My school always breaks up at least a week earlier than every other school for the summer holidays. Our school makes up for it by making us go back to school a week earlier than everyone else though.

I was going to go 'Go Carting' tomorrow with Princess.

I was in a good mood so brought a box of chocolates into school to share with my friends. I walked around school with my friends and gave my closest ones chocolate. I walked around, smiled and said thank you to the huge amount of people-few-two-one...One person who said happy birthday. I walked up and down the playground, inside buildings and up the stairs.

I can't believe it did stairs on purpose, what was I thinking?

I saw Ryan....He was with his friends, I thought he was on the trip with Chris...I guess he wasn't. My heart still beated slightly faster as I walked passed him, I didn't know why.

I was over him? Wasn't I?

He looked at me, I looked at him, he looked at my birthday badge....I almost tripped.

And.............He didn't even say happy birthday.

Well thanks.........

I was looking for the boys that I was inviting to see if they were coming.

I really didn't want Callum to be the only guy.

I almost begged the other guys to come.

They said they might.