5.

Stephanie POV

I had heard what happened to my ex-husbands wife. I felt so sorry for her. She's been through so much. I knew she felt some type of way every time she visited to hold my daughter Jade. She was great with her. She volunteered to help but I politely said, "My mom will be staying with me for a while. She will take it from here" I could tell by the look in her eyes that hurt her. I hugged her and she thanked me and left.

A few months had passed and I suddenly got an idea. After losing my twin sister, Natalie, I wanted to name my second daughter after her. I decided to adopt. But wait, was this a bad timing? Alexis just lost a daughter and I was thinking of adopting? Am I selfish? "God, Stephanie, you're a monster!" I scolded to myself. My mom entered through the front door with Jade asleep in her arms. She went and laid her down in her crib.

"Hey sweetie." she said with her fierce blue eyes. I looked exactly like her. Brown hair, fair skin, full Bratz dolls lips, and the eyes; except for mine were green like my dads. She saw the look on my face. "What's wrong?" She asked. I explained to her my idea of wanting to adopt and was I being selfish. She beamed at the idea. "Oh sweetie, you're not being selfish. Besides, you don't have to put your life on hold just because of someone else's. And naming her after... Natalie... that would just warm my heart to the fullest!" I heard her stumble over Natalie's name. I gave her a quick hug. I decided I was going to adopt after all.

My moms phone rang and she took it into the other room. "Hey you." She said vibrantly. "Hey gorgeous." A man replied. "What are you up to?" She says, "I'm over at Stephanie's. I wish I could help her. She wants to adopt a baby quite badly. I don't even know where to start!"

The man said, "You know something? I know someone who recently had a baby and is looking to give her up. I could give her a call and get things arranged." "The baby is a girl?" My mom beamed. "I should talk this over with Stephanie first. To make sure she really wants to do this but I'll stay in touch. What's your asking price if everything goes right?"

"$20,000 is perfect." Dr. Ferrell said. "Great, I'll call you soon." My mom hang up.