3.

DR. FERRELL POV

"If you don't pay us, we'll kill your daughter." A mafia member said. I begged and pleaded him not to. I owed them $20,000 from gambling. I had such a fucking problem. It's happened plenty of other times but this time was worse.

"I'm not going to say it again. You got until tomorrow or you'll see your daughters head at your doorstep," he growled. I had to think of something. "Alright, alright!! I'll give you your money! Just please don't hurt my baby." I cried. The guy hung up and I began to hit my fist against my head. What was I going to do?

I was working in Hawaii tonight. All the other doctors and nurses went home due to the storm. There are two patients here. Both in labor. The first patient lost her baby. Stillborn. She didn't want the baby either way. I told her to remain calm as I go check on my other patient.

I came into the room upon a beautiful, blonde haired, blue eyes woman. Her name is Destiny. Her husband Dante was beside her as she was still passed out. She awoke a little while later as I was discussing things with Dante. She seemed confused at first but I motioned for her it was time to push. She was doing great. She soon passed out again at the last push.

I got the baby and held her in my arms. She didn't move or breathe. I walked into the hallway with Dante close behind me asking was there something wrong. This baby was clearly stillborn as well. I told him I was going to put the baby on a machine since she wasn't breathing. He insisted he come with me but I motioned him to be with his wife.

He hesitated and gave me a grim look and returned. I took the baby into another room. I laid her down next to the machine. That's when she began moving and crying softly. I quickly hushed her and rocked her. I placed her into a secluded room. A terrible thought crossed my head. I thought and acted quickly on impulse. I grabbed the real stillborn baby and looked at it. "Anything to protect my baby girl." I said to myself. Besides, they couldn't tell the difference right? They did look alike.

Dante met me in the hall outside the door. "Well?" He asked frantically. I gave him a silent look. "She's gone." Dante cried out. I happened to look up in time to see his wife waking up calling out to him. Dante ran quickly inside to comfort her. She was wondering where her baby was. I told her that I was sorry, she didn't make it.

Both of them broke down. I almost broke down myself. Why was I about to do what I'm about to do? I don't know. I went out to get the stillborn baby returned with her. I placed her into the wife's arms. I gave them a minute to grieve. I walked back to the room with their real baby and cried. I had to do what I had to do.

I looked at the baby who was looking back at me with wide grey eyes. "I'm going to send you to a good home for money." I said knowing she didn't understand anything.