it's nice to have a friend - rosékook

Start from the beginning

"I know, what you've been going through." Jungkook said, solemnly. She looked towards the ground again, focussing on their steps walking on the white snow and how warm her hand felt at the time.

"I know all this must be weird for you, but it's also new for me. I, don't have many friends here too." He admitted, avoiding to look at her.

"You were also bullied?" She bluntly asked.

"No." He replied, quickly. "I wasn't bullied, but no one wanted to be my friend. They didn't come near me, or talked with me. They just whispered about me. They made me, kind of an outcast." He confessed, sighing softly, making fog appear from his mouth.

"I'm sorry." She said, feeling guilty for never noticing him before.

"Don't be. They're treating you so much worse." He said.

"But still, I should've asked you to be my friend sooner." She said.

"Friend..." He said, pausing a little, making both of their feet stop, before looking at her and continuing. "I'm your friend now."

As he said that, he intertwined their fingers in his pocket, making a weird warmness creep up and invade Chaeyoung's body and heart. His soft smile made her smile too.

And that, was the start of a beautiful friendship between two people who weren't wanted by others.

>

"Give it back!!" Chaeyoung whined as she tried to snatch the pack of chips from Jungkook.

"I won't!" He teased her, as he continued to pull the pack away from her.

They were sitting on the rooftop of Chaeyoung's apartment. The dusk sky was a blushing a beautiful light pink and the moon was starting to show slowly, along with the tiny stars. The sun was slowly sinking down, making the horizon blaze bright orange, while the rest of the sky was calm and beautiful.

"Jungkook I swear to God! You already finished a whole entire bag!" She complained.

"So?" He asked, smirking annoyingly as Chaeyoung tried to take the bag from his long hands.

At times like this is when Chaeyoung hated being short. She was always shorter than him, and it was a major inconvenience. But the girl will do anything to get her bag of chips. So, she climbed on top of him to pull his arm down, and this move took Jungkook by surprise.

They were so close– she was practically sitting on his lap. This was the closest they've ever been. Shyness got the best of him as he gave up the chip fight and Chaeyoung was successful in winning back the bag from him.

"I win!" She announced as she got off him, opening the bag and putting a chip in her mouth. She was oblivious of what Jungkook was feeling, and he was half thankful for that. He was visibly red and definitely flustered. They weren't the same 15 year old adolescents anymore. They were almost 19.

Jungkook decided to put away the incident from few seconds back and focus on the sunset instead.

As they were watching the sunset, Chaeyoung said, "Let's play 20 questions."

Jungkook looked at her. "Why all of a sudden?" He asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I just want to."

He raised his eyebrow. "Okay, then you go first." Chaeyoung nodded.

"How are you?" She asked, making Jungkook look at her again with confusion in his face.

"I'm fine?" He answered, not understanding–or at least pretending to not understand– what she meant.

Chaeyoung finally looked at him, and he could tell there was something different in her eyes. It was like a haunting shadow, as if something was bothering her, but he doesn't know what.