more than roomies - taerosé

2 : 00 am

Chaeyoung impatiently sits on the couch, glancing at the door every five minutes.

Where is he?

She groaned in annoyance. He always does this. Every weekend, he will go out with his friends and come home drunk as hell. She has to wait up for him so that she can make sure he's okay.

He has told her multiple times not to wait up. But she does anyways, otherwise she's not able to sleep peacefully.

Guess her little crush on her roommate really drives her.

As she was lost in her thoughts, she heard footsteps outside the door and saw the lock fumbling.

Finally...

But the door didn't open. Instead she heard a thud outside. Immediately getting up, she went outside to check what was going on.

She opened the door and found him on the floor.

"Taehyung?" She called.

"Hey! You got the door open!" He slurred, half lying on the floor.

She frowned and helped him get up. He clinged onto her, as she struggled to keep him upright.

"Gosh! How much did you drink?" She asked, irritated.

"Uhm... I lost count after the fifth bottle..." He said, looking at his fingers confused. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and helped him come inside. She dropped him on the couch and locked the door.

She went to the kitchen and filled a glass with water and brought it to him.

Taehyung looked at her and grinned.

"You waited up again baby?" He asked.

Oh god...

"Okay, don't call me baby." She scoffed. "Also, if I didn't wait up, you would've slept outside. You can't even stand straight, let alone use the key to open the door properly." She scolded, sitting down beside him and helping him drink the water.

"Sometimes I wonder whether I'm your roommate or your mom." She stated.

Taehyung cupped her face. "You're my love." He said, with a smirk.

Chaeyoung's breath hitched at his words. She knows he's speaking nonsense. He's blackout drunk. But she can't help but feel her heart doing a flip.

"Y-you're wasted. Go and sleep now!" She managed to say and quickly got up.

Not quick enough, though...

Taehyung grabbed her wrist, pulled her down again and held her by her waist, hugging her.

"I'm not in the mood to sleep alone." He said as he nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck.

"T-tae..." She stuttered.

"Hm?"

"You need sleep..." She said as she struggled a little to escape from his grasp.

"Please... Chaeng... Stay with me for now." He said as he pulled her even closer.

"But Tae.."

"Shh... No buts." He said.

Chaeyoung sighed and gave up. There was no way she was winning this argument when he's drunk.

"Chaeng.. can I tell you a secret?" He asked. "Sure..." She replied, hesitantly.

"I think I like you."