Chapter 34 - Banana

Jo is the first to wake up the next morning and tries not to move, to give herself a little more time to look at Dart's relaxed face. He looks so young when he's sleeping, innocent almost. She smiles softly and touches his cheek gently. She feels his arms tighten around her and he opens his eyes slightly, a smile forming on his lips. "Morning cutie." 

Jo kisses his chin and says: "Morning pretty boy." 

Dart laughs and asks: "How did you sleep Jo?" 

Jo snuggles up to him and says: "I slept pretty good. Right here at home." 

Dart stays quiet for a while and eventually asks: "You mean with your mom, at home?" 

Jo kisses his chest and says: "No silly, on your chest, in your arms, at home." 

He smiles and squeezes her tight. "Hmm, good." 

There's a knock on the door and Jo freezes, her eyes going wide, which makes Dart chuckle softly. Joan speaks from the other side of the door: "Kids? There's coffee and breakfast downstairs." 

Jo mumbles: "We'll be right there mom." 

They start laughing together and Dart says: "She said kids." 

Jo laughs louder and says: "Well she is trying to treat you differently and I am her kid. But..." She pushes herself up on Dart's chest and squeezes her thighs around his waist. His eyes go wide this time and Jo grins down at him. "I don't really feel like a kid, right now." She winks at Dart and crawls out of the bed. She grabs his T-shirt from the floor and some panties from her suitcase. She puts them both on and sits down at the edge of the bed. 

Dart glares at her and says: "If you think I am coming with you downstairs right now, you can forget it. There's no way I am facing your mum like this." 

Jo looks down at him and smiles wide. "I could help you with that. It's a shame I didn't bring the lip ring." 

Dart growls and covers his eyes with his hand. "Stop it Jo!" Jo gets up, laughing as she walks out of her room.

She goes downstairs and her mom is sitting at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper. She really did her best on breakfast, there's a lot of food there. Jo sits down and grabs a croissant from the basket on the table. Joan gets up and pours Jo a cup of coffee. Jo thanks her with a smile and takes a sip. "Is Dart not coming down for breakfast?" 

Jo grins and says: "He needed a minute to himself." 

Joan stares at her and then asks: "What did you do to that poor man?" 

Dart comes down the stairs and says: "You know your daughter very well." Jo laughs softly and sips her coffee with an amused look in her eyes. Dart sits down across from Jo and says: "Good morning Joan. Thanks for this breakfast. It looks great." Joan pours him coffee and places a glass of orange juice in front of him. Joan slides the newspaper over to Dart and he looks at the front page, while sipping his coffee. He starts to smile and his eyes begin to sparkle. "Jo? You made it!" 

Jo sits up and stares at him. "How?" Dart holds up the newspaper and Jo stares at herself on the front page. She blinks and can't believe her own eyes. There's a picture of her in front of the gallery with the photographs of herself behind her. And the header reads: Johanna, international star overnight. Joan smiles and claps her hands and Dart looks at Jo's stunned face with a soft smile. Jo looks at him a bit dazed. "That's insane. Dirk said I would be in the papers, but this..." 

Dart says: "You're in it too. Twice to be honest." Jo looks at him with her mouth open. Dart shows her the ads for Diana and Tom, two pages wide, unable to miss. Jo shakes her head.