Chapter 23 - Questions

Jo wakes up by the smell of coffee the next morning. Dart is sitting on the edge of the bed, holding a mug under her nose with a smile on his face. Jo takes the mug and enjoys the first sip with her eyes closed. "Hmm, good morning handsome." 

She opens her eyes and catches his worried look, before he tries to hide it. "I saw that. I am fine. I asked for it yesterday and I have no regrets. It was fantastic... I wonder if the door is dented." Dart laughs and pulls a wild curl on her forehead. Jo asks: "Are they taking pictures to go with the interviews today?" 

Dart shakes his head and says: "No, they are using the ones from the campaigns." 

Jo smiles and says: "Nice. Wild it is." 

Dart raises his eyebrow, not sure what she means by that. She shakes her head, making her red curls dance and he smiles wide, saying: "Ah, that would be wonderful. I love your hair like you are. Stubborn, wild and soft." 

Jo leans in for a kiss, before asking: "So when is the first interview?" 

"In about an hour. I told Jake about it, but I think we will be in the cafe for the rest of the day." 

Jo looks at him with a questioning look and asks: "Why?" 

"Remember how Jake asked us to come to the cafe today? I have a feeling they want to celebrate us today." 

Jo smiles and says: "Knowing Jake, Maria, and Ronnell, there's is going to be food. I'm glad I slept for this long, thanks to you." She gets up and stretches out, before leaning down to kiss Dart. "Come on, let's get dressed."

When they arrive at the cafe, Jake shows them a table in the corner, isolated from the guest tables and perfect for the interviews. Jake pulls at a curl on Jo's head and smiles. He walks off to get them coffee, Jo takes her first sip and sees a young woman walk in, looking a bit shy. She must be the journalist for the teenage girls magazine. Jo memorized the names of the journalists and asks: "Fiona?" 

The girl looks up, blushing a deep red and Jo stands up to walk up to her. "Hi, I'm Jo." She holds out her hand and the girl shakes it, smiling a bit nervously. They walk over to their table and Dart stands up to shake her hand. That makes the girl completely flustered and she looks like she is about to cry. Dart looks at Jo a bit nervous himself now and Jo asks: "Could you get Fiona a cup of coffee?" 

Dart gets up immediately, knowing Jo is up to something. Dart walks off and the girl starts to breathe again. Jo smiles at her and asks her if she is okay. The girl stammers: "H-he i-is..." Her hands shake as she looks down and Jo places her hand on Fiona's. 

"He is hot, isn't he? I know." 

The girl looks up at her in shock and then starts to laugh. Jo laughs with her and says: "He is human. I know he doesn't look it, but I swear to you, he is." They laugh even more and Dart comes back with a cup of coffee. He sits down and leans back, waiting for the girl to start. 

She opens her notebook and starts asking them questions, without making eye contact with Dart even once. They are all simple questions, about their taste in music, food, drinks, favorite color and TV show. The last question she asks is a bit different though: "How do you get a guy like Dart as your boyfriend?" The girl blushes again and looks at the table. 

Jo says: "By being yourself and by being genuine. I think guys like Dart are in a fake world a lot and surrounded by fake people so much, that someone who is natural and honest, is very attractive to them. At least that is what I think. What do you say Dart?" 

Dart smiles and says: "I think Jo has a very good point there, she might be right. But I also love the way she looks obviously. What I loved the most about her was that she refused to let other people or my past cloud her judgment. She found out who I was and decided on her own that I was worth her time. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world every day."