Chapter 17 - Fighter

A few days later, Jo wakes up in Dart's arms, feeling at home and relaxed. She takes in his scent and nuzzles his chest. He mumbles something and pulls her closer. Jo smiles against his chest and whispers. 

"Mister handsome? I need to get to work. You'll have to let me go." 

Dart mumbles a no and Jo bites his chest. He lets go of her and she quickly gets off the bed. He glares at her and she giggles, getting dressed, while he still looks a bit angry.

She brushes her teeth and fixes her hair and walks back towards the bedroom.

She leans against the door frame and blows a kiss at Dart. She knows better, than to give him a real kiss, because he will pull her into bed and she will be late. 

Dart moans and she says: "Bye lover. See you later."

She hums softly as she walks over to the cafe, greeting everyone on the way. She moved in with Dart, the first night back from San Francisco. There was no way she could sleep without him anymore.

It was hard at first, because it felt like losing Jake and her safe place. But she is getting used to it. And Jake is still there for her like old times. If anything it brought them closer, making the most of the time they do spend together.

Jo works in the cafe when Maria is in the boutique and helps out for bigger events.

She is about to walk in, when her phone beeps, thinking it's Dart she opens her messages. But she sees it's from Mister Tailor.

The dream girl part of the campaign goes live today. 

Jo smiles at her phone and walks through the door of the cafe and into the kitchen. Jake is seated at the kitchen table, not taking notice of her, totally lost in the newspaper.

Jo walks over to him, looks over his shoulder and sees the campaign page. Dart with an open shirt, thinking of her in the white dress. It looks very impressive, spread out on the entire page of the paper. 

Jake suddenly looks up at her with a weird look. He gets up to get some coffee and comes back with a cup for her too. He sits down, drinking his coffee and not saying a word. Jo sits down too, afraid to speak. 

Jake takes a deep breath and says: "So proud of you." 

Jo gets up and hugs him from behind with a big smile. He gets up and wraps his arms around her, pulling her against his chest.

They stand like that for a while, until Maria comes downstairs. She looks at them a bit confused and Jake points at the paper on the table. Maria walks over to look at it and gasps. 

"Wow Jo."

Jo walks over to Maria and they hug too. 

"I am telling you guys, this part is the most sexy part, the final part is the 'love of my life' part. So brace yourselves, those pictures and commercial are even prettier." 

Jake stares at her and says: "Can't wait to see it." 

They have breakfast together and Jo tells them about the photoshoot. They both look so proud, that Jo feels warm inside.

She checks her Instagram and finds a post from Dirk. 

He posted the dream girl picture of her and added: My muse. <3 

Jo replies to it with a kiss emote and looks at some other posts. She gets a notice that Dart posted a new picture and sees he posted the same one, Dirk posted. 

But he added: My dream girl. She left me all alone. All I have is this picture. 

Jo thinks for a second and decides to play his game. She searches for the add picture online and crops herself out of it. She posts the picture of Dart with his shirt open and types a line to go with it.