17 I Call Godmother

"It feels so weird knowing Aiden and I are official," Emercyn told Lee. Lee and Em were waiting in the waiting room at the hospital while Mark and Jess found out if she was pregnant.

"Why's that?" Lee asked.

"I guess because I never thought we would ever date," She admitted. "We've been messing around since the Fairmount party but I didn't think he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend."

"He's loved you forever," Lee said. "It was about time."

Lee was off and Em could tell. She kept staring off into space and could barely hold the conversation they were having. She's been that way since the party, she changed.

"I know who he is now," Lee said as she held her head low.

"Matthew?" Em asked. She shuddered at the name and held her arms tightly around her. They all thought it was Matthew but Lee never confirmed it before. She was always so quiet when they talked with Agent Cooper or went over everything alone.

"Do you think Adam knows Matthew?" Em asked breaking the silence.

"From the funeral, he would," She said.

"What if Adam and Matthew are working together," Em whispered. Lee looked shocked for a minute but nodded.

"It kind of makes sense," Lee shrugged. "I just want to know how your dad has apart of it."

They sat in silence for a while. Em couldn't stop thinking about what she said. It left Em with a lot of time to think everything over.

"I got it!" Em said as she stood up. She got weird looks from the people around her and Lee gave her a confused look.

"Follow me," Em said as she grabbed onto Lee's hand and pulled her into an elevator.

"Where are we going?" Lee asked. Em ignored her question and texted Mark to let him know where they were going. She dialed Agent Cooper's number ad held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hi, Agent Cooper," Em said as Lee continued to look at her with confusion.

"What's up? Everything okay?" He asked.

"Can you meet up? I think I found something," Em said. She looked over at Lee with a hopeful look.

"Yes, I'm actually at the hospital right now. Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm here too, my brother's girlfriend is here for an appointment," She explained as they exited the elevator.

"Meet me in the hallway. I'm here now," He said. She agreed and quickly hung up.

***

"What have you found?" He asked. They sat down at the table in the file room. They met here every time they needed to talk. No one could know about their secret investigation.

"I was thinking about everything earlier and I have a theory," Em begun. "Lee told me how she was confused. How could my father's death have anything to do with Adam? I don't think he had anything to do with it but I think he knows what happened. Adam is pissed about me and Aiden, he wrote in that note how he would do anything to have me."

Agent Cooper cut her off, "A note?"

"Yeah, we found a note not written too long ago in his room. Someone painted on Lee's house and we wanted to see if it was Adam. We found no paint but we found the note and a nametag," She explained. Lee remained quiet, she knew where this was going.

"A nametag? What name was on it?" He asked. Em had his full attention now.

"Matt, as in Matthew. I saw him wearing it the night of the party," She said.