seventeen [edited]

Start from the beginning

"oh, thea' you are. look, i wanted to talk to you about something."

i stood frozen in the same place; my feet felt glued to the ground. my eyes blinked only a single time. "uhh... w-what--i-- oh..." i gibbered. i didn't expect him to say that, and whenever someone said 'i want to talk to you about something' it already made me nervous.

so i was on high alert right now.

"it's not like serious or whateva' but i just wanted to as-- is you okay? you look like you finna shit yo'self." he asked jokingly, but i still heard traces of worry in his voice.

"heh... y-yes, i'm fine just... umm, w-what did you wanna ask me?" i managed to answer, fiddling with my sleeves. 

out of the corner of my eye i saw nick tilt his head slightly before he stepped towards, the space in between us closing dramatically. i involuntarily flinched backwards at his proximity.

"well... i wanted to ask if you wanted... some.. food? not like fast food...but like... w-with me at like a restaurant... naamean?"he asked in a choppy manner while twisting one of his dreads. it was like he didn't know how to verbally express his thoughts. 

i stared at him wide-eyed and astonished. "i-- oh.. wow..." i breathed out.

i think this nigga just asked me out on a date.

before i could get a chance to respond, he osaid, "it's just like... to hang out y'know what i'm sayin'? figured if i'ma be stayin' here for a bit might as well be a lil' nicer to you, i guess."

i continued to stare at him in shock and confusion, trying to keep my lips from curling into a smile or letting out a giggle. 

"wow... that's... wow." i spoke, trying to choose my words carefully. i didn't even want to respond at all; i wanted to go into my room and never come out. but that'd be rude to leave him hanging.

"i-i mean... sure, i guess. if you want. food sounds good. " i said in a low voice. my eyes darted everywhere else but his face, because i knew if i looked my legs might have given out. 

nick let out a light breath of relief. "aight 'das cool. we could prolly go tomorrow or sometime in the week. i'll let you know. "

i pursed my lips together and nodded, my eyes flickered up at his and it felt like they were peering into my soul.

there was a question that was burning in my brain and i said i told myself i would leave it alone but my curiosity got the best of me.

"w-weren't you j-just... on the phone?" i asked a little bit above a whisper. i still didn't look away from him and neither did he.

"nah, i was watchin' something on tha' gram. something about a cat, i don't know." he replied. i felt myself deflate and my conscious at ease. 

"why?" nick asked, arching an eyebrow. i glanced at his lips and saw a smirk threatening to appear, but he held back. "n-n-nothing. i just h-happened to walk past your room a-and heard a voice, so i assumed.." i explained softly.

"mhmmm..." he hummed, unconvinced. unexpectedly, his hand moved from his side and flew around my neck, his grip firm but wasn't choking me. nick stepped closer to me to a point where i could feel his body heat and our chests were almost touching each others. 

"you wanna know sum'n mama?" his tone was something indescribable and his voice dropped an octave or two. i bit my inner cheek to contain myself.

i gasped softly when i felt his breath fanning my neck and his other hand on my waist. 

"w-what..." i answered in a whisper, not trusting my voice. 

he placed airy pecks on my neck and jawline before looking at me again. "it's adorable when you stutter around me. i like the effect i have on you."

_________________________________________________
yayyyy! FINALLY this chapter is edited and finished.

[this chapter maybe edited but not proofread, if that makes sense. so excuse the errors/mistakes.]

okay now that i finished this part, my love for this ship has now reignited itself and i can't wait to continue writing :')

man,  i missed writing and i missed y'all. idk if y'all noticed i'm trying to get back into wattpad and keeping up with stuff but yeah. i just updated that lil cordae story i got yesterday, and now ima move on to my other books. chap. 18 onna way tho.

tell me your thoughts pls!! i wanna know!
__________________

isaiah?

nick and his little 'plans'?

the progression of the characters?

do you still like the plot?

y'all think i'm a good author?? be honest fr.

once again, THANK YOU for your unwavering support. it is greatly appreciated and makes me feel good about my abilities. i love you all so much.

vi <3.