four

(chris in the mm; just imagine him without eyelid tattoos lol)

isaiah 

sunday had went by too fast and next thing you know i'm getting ready to go to the place that i absolutely dread most in life as of now: school.

i slipped on a pair of black socks and then my black, slightly ripped skinny jeans and walked to the bathroom to do something with my hair.

my hair was damp and cool from when i get out of the shower earlier this morning and i ran my towel over it just to dry it off a little more, feeling the water droplets drip onto my shoulders.

adjusting my black shirt and tucking the gold cross pendant that hung around my neck into my shirt, i gazed at the mirror for a few more minutes before running my hand over my face, then walking out.

i let out a breath and made sure i had all my belongings for today's particular classes. slipping on black Air Force 1s and throwing on a black hoodie on top of it, i zipped it up to my chest and threw my backpack over my shoulder.

i paused my actions and glanced at my window, half-expecting someone to come out the front door. but deep down, i already figured he wouldn't.

why am i even expecting him? he's so annoying.

i heard a knock on my door and my mom popped in.

"good morning, míjo." she showed a small smile.

i gave a faint one back. "morning, mom."

"breakfast is already ready. and luna is getting dressed." she informed me. "i'll see you when i get off of work. have a good day sweetheart." she stopped her sentence like she wanted to add something else, but just couldn't find the right words.

"i know how much you don't wanna go. every morning you tell me that. but i just want to tell you that everything will be okay. if you need to talk, call me okay?"

there's no way in hell i'm calling her while i'm at school. that's only going to make me look even more pathetic.

"okay." i still answered softly, disregarding her offer. "you know," i mumbled. "i've completed all my credits that i can actually afford to miss a few days of school."

i know what she said earlier but it was worth a shot. i looked at her with hopeful eyes, hoping she'd give me the benefit of the doubt.

but all she did was give me a stern look and raised her eyebrow.

i casted my eyes down, feeling dejected and turned away from her. grabbing my phone and earbuds, i let a small 'excuse me' and squeezed past my mom, and made my way down the staircase.

i hated that just with one simple look, and out of all people, from the person who brought me into this world, could make me feel sad. sad that she shut down my own simple offer.

i mean really, i don't think anyone, not even chris or any of my teachers would notice that if i were absent. i'd rather come back and have all that make-up work to do then actually be present and do it there.