five

isaiah 

the first half of the day did not move as fast as i would have wanted it to. but why would it? it was monday.

after what felt like days, i finally was released from my a.p. literature class to go and get something to eat. one of the only activities that give me true joy and comfort.

one of the downsides of me being scared and too anxious to drive my own car, was that i couldn't even leave when i wanted to.  today i wanted to leave school and eat somewhere on the outside in my car, but i didn't drive today.

so i was stranded here. on my own island, on an island filled with people i did not want to associate with whatsoever.

slamming my locker shut, i sulked to the cafeteria, trying to figure out where to eat my lunch today, preferably some teacher's classroom that wasn't in use.

usually i would go over to the art room, since the teacher in there was cool, but she wasn't here today so, i had to compromise.

thoughts rushed through my brain as i grabbed the lunch from the lunch ladies and gave her my money.

where am i going to go today?

i sped walked out of the cafeteria, not wanting to be noticed or approached by anyone, or any of the staff that stood and supervised in there.

then i thought i spotted some of the tables and umbrellas outside and decided to eat out there. making sure my hoodie was zipped up and i was snug, i walked outside into the crisp air and took a seat at a clean table that no one was sitting at.

there were only about 5 people in total outside, but they were all scattered all over the place so they didn't really matter to me.

i dug in my jeans pocket for my earbuds and plugged it into my phone, and adjusted it on a good volume, and then, i proceeded to eat my stuffed crust pizza.

i felt a gust of wind and i shivered, and pulled my hood further on my head.

maybe i should have just snuck into some teacher's classroom instead of eating out here. but then again, i don't want people asking me questions....

i sucked it up, and stuck it out in the cold, eating my lunch and listening to some good music.

i checked the time on my phone and seen that time had flown by pretty fast and that we had less than five minutes until lunch was completely over. i still had a pack of goldfish and a half a bottle of  the lipton peach iced tea i had brought from home, so  i wasn't really in any type of rush.

i played some games on my phone to pass the time. i didn't really have anyone to text. i would text my sister but she was at work, and this time was usually the busiest time of the day.

i began to hear faint voices, but i didn't pay any mind to them. 

a few seconds later i see a someone standing in front of my table. i slowly, getting more and more nervous, look up, just to lock eyes with nick who let a blunt hang lazily from his plump, slightly parted lips. his dark brown eyes were low and kind of red, obvious signs he was smoking.

i crossed my legs, and bit my inner cheek at how good, but simple, his outfit was. he just continue to glare at me and my heart beat faster and faster the longer he stared. after afew more seconds i couldn't take it anymore. i put my head down and turned my body away from him. class should be starting in a few minutes anyway.