eleven

isaiah

"yo, whaaaaaattt..." i dragged out slowly, reaching my hand up to remove the hood over my head and reveal my black curls. the question nick asked me wasn't processing in my head.

"i said... he paused, taking another long hit before puffing out the smoke. "do teachers... give.. homework t-to... to homeless kids?" his voice sounded like it was put through a slow motion edit and it sounded distorted. he wiped his hand over his face and pulled his hood over his dreads until it was almost over his face.

i stared at him for the longest time and he stared back. usually i couldn't look at him, much less if he was looking back, for five seconds. but this weed was making me feel different. shit had to be laced with something.

"nigga... what." i responded in a low voice. i scratched my head and thought of the question he had asked. the fuck?

"woah.." he said sounding surprised, but since he was high it just sounded sarcastic. he pointed at me. "you cursed." he sounded like someone's little brother who was being nosy on grown people's conversation.

somehow that seemed like the funniest thing on earth to me and i busted out laughing. nick laughed along with me just as hard. a tear streamed down my face as i held my stomach.

"whew!" i said as i calmed down. "that's... that's really funny. and yes, i did curse at you... bi-yatch..." i enunciated every letter and syllable in that word and it made nick crack up again, nearly dropping his blunt.

"oh shit," he muttered.

i laughed loudly as i saw his face and his weird body movements to catch the blunt from falling from his hands.

i lowered from my laughing fit and sniffled, taking another hit from the roach, letting the smoke hang lazily from my mouth before exhaling it. 

"goddamn." nick said coughing as he took longer drag than normal. "yo... that was lowkey, sexy as fuck."

even in my high, smacked state, i snapped my eyes in his direction and my stomach did flips, so much that it began to ache. but i liked that ache.

i smirked at him and giggled, taking another hit. "hmmm, when you smoke it makes you look even sexier."

my eyes widened when i realized what i just said. damn, i'm being bold today. oh well. 

i kinda had a feeling that i would feel guilty and awkward after my high wears off but, i'd worry about that later.

i shrugged my shoulders and sat and analyzed nick's expression. his thick eyebrow was arched upwards and he took his bottom lip in between his teeth and chuckled to himself, smirking. "thank you lil' baby." 

my heart fluttered at that nickname. i took another drag to hide my smile, before putting the roach on the tray. i grabbed the second to last blunt off the tray and grabbed the lighter, quickly lighting it and taking a drag longer than the other ones i've taken. i coughed, but it soon died down.

"whew. shit." i mumbled, laughing at myself. i laid on my back and snuggled into the covers that smelt of nick and something else intoxicating.

i looked at nick and he looked at me. again, we had a staring contest and was looking at me so serious, i couldn't keep a straight face. i started giggling uncontrollably. 

"c'mea'." he said demanded, his voice suddenly getting low. i scooted closer to him. he shook his head. "nah. here." he emphasized, pointing to his lap.