seven

(okay, i'm butthurt. :( i asked y'all questions in the last chapter and y'all don't even have the decency to answer them. idc if it's a one worded answer or a thousand word answer, i would REALLY appreciate it if you guys just ANSWERED IT. y'all some ass for doing that💀. i think y'all are ignoring me or something cause😭. but THEN y'all ask me to update all the time and-- ykw, it's okay! let's hop into the story! enjoy :))

___________________

isaiah

the middle of the week always seemed to give me some type of subliminal joy or satisfaction. it lets you know you're suffering through the week is halfway over and that you're almost through the dark tunnel you have to go through every week called life.

"isaiah!!" my mom called, "could you come down here for a moment?" 

i groaned, annoyed that i was interrupted from my work that i was desperately trying to finish at a decent hour. 

i shuffled out of my bed and slipped some socks on. realizing how the sun was setting outside, i didn't realize how dark it got in my room and i switched   on the side lamp and went downstairs.

when i reached the bottom of the stares my mom was standing at the door with her coat on and her purse in her arm. luna was probably in her room or something.

"going somewhere?" i asked in a small voice.

she turned to me and showed me a small smile. "yeah. i'm going to drop off joyette at the airport. she's here and she wanted to say bye to you."

"why doesn't she just take her own car?" i asked, cautious of how i worded my question not to come off as rude.

"she doesn't want to leave her car anywhere else but her driveway." mom responded. i nodded my head.

she motioned her hand towards me. "come say bye, we're on a tight schedule."

i scurried to the door and peeked my head outside. i saw ms. joyette putting the last of her suitcases in the trunk and slammed it shut.

she then gazed over at me and walked over to me quickly, embracing me in a hug. i was caught off guard and i hesitantly hugged her back.

"bye isaiah. i'll see you soon." she said letting go of me. i nodded my head back at her, my eyes still wide open. i wasn't expecting more than a wave and i was a little confused. i didn't know that she was comfortable to hug me of all people.

i stood by the door and watched my mother hop into the car with ms. joyette and stared at her car as it pulled off down the street, making a left, no longer in sight.

i shut and locked the door behind me and walked back upstairs. as i was about to walk into my room, i glanced over luna's room door and decided to let luna know that mom was gone.

i knocked on the door and heard a faint "yeah?" before opening it slightly, enough to stick my head in.

luna laid on stomach on her bed, typing away on her laptop. she took out one earbud and looked over at me.

"mom just left, just so you know." i said looking off to the side. 

she nodded her head and mumbled an 'okay' before putting her earbud back in and went to typing again. i closed the door and went back to my room and plopped on my bed, eager to finish the rest of the little homework i had left.

turns out it wasn't as much as i remembered and i finished within the next ten minutes. as i was putting my homework in my respective folders, the doorbell rang. then twice, then three times. the person outside continued to ring it impatiently, which made me highly irritated.