Sweet Pea x Reader

Start from the beginning

Once it was time for lunch, you moved to grab a seat, placing your things on the floor around you. You felt a hand tap your shoulder and you turned to face Jughead.

"Mind if I sit? Along with some friends?" He asked kindly, a few of who you were assuming were his Serpent friends stood behind him.

"Sure," You replied softly, turning back around as they all took their seats. There were only three other people with Jughead. Toni, the girl from earlier, a boy with brown hair and a mysterious attitude, and a tanned boy with raven hair and a serpent tattoo on his neck. You exhaled deeply and pulled out your statistics book, going through the chapter you had read for homework.

"So, (Y/N), I heard you're a little genius," You heard Toni say and you lifted your head up, giggling at her comment.

"Oh, no, I wouldn't say that," You began, blushing at her flattery. "I just enjoy learning is all." You mentally face-palmed as you added the last sentence. You truly did enjoy learning, but when you said that to others, you sounded weird.

Jughead rolled his eyes at your embarrassment. "She's the smartest in our school, honestly. Such a nerd." He joked, nudging you with his elbow. You chuckled and shook your head at him.

"Anyway, why don't you introduce me to your other friends?" You suggested, earning a slightly surprised look from Jughead since you were never eager to meet people.

"Well," he began, beginning to gesture between his friends, "This is Toni Topaz, who you have already met. This is Fangs Fogarty, and then this is Sweet Pea."

You smiled at the three people and gave them a shy wave. "It's nice to meet you guys."

The boy, Sweet Pea, nodded and you felt his eyes practically burning a hole in the side of your face, "so, what does the rest of your schedule look like?"

Why was he asking you? You were a nobody, a shy dork, even if you were Jughead's friend, especially if you were Jughead's friend. You pushed the thought back and listed off your schedule and he cracked a smile. "We will be sharing the second-half of the day in the same classes." You bit back a smile and nodded to signal you listened to him.

Lunch passed quickly, your time spent listening to the four friends speak, complaining about the 'northsiders' and their attitudes and other things you didn't pay attention to. As the bell rang, you began to collect your things you had set on the floor. "How about you be my tour guide, (y/n)? I mean, we're going to the same place anyways."

You blushed and nodded, "sure..." you trailed off and waited for him to grab his things. "So, this class is pretty easy as long as you pay attention and take notes. All tests are open note." You explained as you walked toward your history class with Sweet Pea. He nodded and followed your lead through the hallways. He watched as you weaved through the crowded halls with ease, it was almost humorous how you seemed to rush from class to class. Your teacher stood outside of the classroom door and greeted each student, smiling as you entered but it then faltered when he noticed you were walking with a Serpent. "Well, this is where I normally sit, and there are open seats practically everywhere,"

Sweet Pea nodded and sat in the seat diagonal to yours. He had a great view of you without seeming too interested in you at the same time. Once class started, he leaned back in his chair lazily and observed you. He watched your face as you concentrated on the lecture, taking notes when you felt necessary. You bit your lip often and ran your hand through your hair when you were thinking particularly hard. To say the least, you were incredibly beautiful, especially when you were focused on learning.

The next two period continued in the same manner, Sweet Pea paying more attention to you than the teacher. When your last class ended five minutes before the bell, you packed your things away and turned to talk to Sweet Pea. "So, how was your first day at the prep school of the undead?"