Chapter 1 Unfriendly Welcome

Brendan's POV

"Ow" I say hitting my head against some boxes why am I in the back of a moving truck is that legal either way I'm here Littleroot there's only one other house unless you count the Pokémon lab as I walk into my house I talk to mom for a bit and she asks me to say hi to the neighbors I go to the other house and knock on the door a women answer the door I introduce myself to her " hi I-" before I can finish she figures out who I am "you must be Norman's kid"

"y-yeah I am" I say in shock she asks me to go upstairs not given a reason I'm a bit skeptical but I go up when I get upstairs I see a girl with light brown hair a large bow in her hair blue eyes a fanny pack and wearing a tank top just as I'm about to say something I'm noticed "why are you in my room?"She asked "I was asked to go up here"

"Okay who are you then?"

"I'm Brendan I just moved into the house next door" I reply "oh sorry I can't talk I have to go to route 103"

"Yeah it's fine see you around" after she leaves I go back home but I hear something from the right "AAGGHHHH" I quickly run to where I heard the noise I see a man in a white lab coat being chased by a beige and white Pokémon "H-H-HELP me I have some Pokémon in my bag take one and help me please" I grab one and throw it a little orange chicken with a yellow feathers near it head and on top comes out "use the thing that hurts it" it jumps up and scratches it "Do it again" after it gets hit it faints "Thank you would you mind talking in my lab" we walk back to the lab "hey for saving me from that Zigzagoon how 'bout I give you that Torchic also could go and fetch my daughter she should be at route 103"

"I guess it's the least I can for you for giving me this Torchic" I head off after I get through route 101 I run right pass Oldale town I head up through route 103 once I get to near the end I see May "hey" I run to the end "oh hey Brendan I see my dad gave you a Pokémon while we have the time care for a battle" I nod "Torchic go"

"Mudkip you got this" as the pokéball opens a Pokémon that's blue with orange gills and a fin on it's head comes out in the end I won "oh May your dad asked me to tell you he needs you to go back to lab I'll meet you there" I decide to stop at the Pokémon center while I'm there I hear two people talk one with jeans ripped at the bottom of the legs, a white and blue stripped shirt, and a black bandanna with some symbol on it and the other with a red hoodie and on the hood two small black horns, red shorts, socks that almost go up to her knees, and a different symbol in the middle of the hoodie I can't hear them well but I can pick out what there saying "the Devon corporation created a device that spreads EXP between Pokémon if we could take that team Magma and team Aqua would be unstoppable" after saying that he turns around I quickly turn away but I'm almost sure they seen me turn around "your Pokémon are all healed up" I thank the woman at the counter and leave but before I can leave town someone taps me on the shoulder I turn around "eavesdropping is very rude wouldn't you say" it's the same two from the Pokèmon center once I see them I freeze from fear "now we have to deal with you because you know what we want so got an last questions before you disappear?"

"I guess your going to steal any scientific research you can?"

"Yes why do you ask?"

"Oh no reason now two more questions"

"what?"

"Who are you?"

"What you don't know who we are?"

"Nope I just moved from Johto"

"well welcome to bad you won't be alive for to much longer and with your question I am team Aqua's very own aqua grunt"

"and I'm team Magma's very own magma grunt"

"so two teams great so I'll have to deal with both"

"no because you'll be dead before you're able to stop us"

"okay last question doesn't it seem that your plans will go up in flames?"

"Huh?"

"NOW" as I say that Torchic scratches both of them "come back Torchic I'll see you two later" I say while running the aqua member starts run after me but the magma grunt stops him once I get back to Littleroot I decide not to tell professor Birch "ah Brendan your here I'd like to give you something here it's a Pokédex it has multiple features it can be a Pokémon encyclopedia you can see a Pokémon's level and when it's about to evolve you can cancel an evolution and check a Pokémon's moves"

"here have these"

"thanks what are they?"

"They're Pokéballs you can catch Pokémon with them well bye dad bye Brendan" May leaves once she's gone I remember that I was going to talk to her about team Magma and team Aqua "bye professor" I run off and catch up to her "hey May" I yell "oh hey Brendan"

"I need to talk to you about something"

"yeah what do you need to talk about"

"so there's these groups of people called team Magma and team Aqua and I ran into them they said that they would steal any research they could"

"so we should warn my father"

"no I don't think we should I don't want him to worry"

"so your saying that my dad could be in danger and you don't want to warn him WHAT ARE YOU THINKING BRENDAN" May runs off toward Petalburg city "May wait" I yell she keeps running I look to the side to see the two grunts from earlier watching and then they run off they're definitely going to get May I start running toward route 102 to stop them before they either kidnap or possible even kill her as I keep running my stomach starts to turn I enter the Petalburge woods as I walk through some grass when a beige mushroom Pokémon with green spots attacks me I throw Torchic out and weaken it and throw a pokéball and I capture it I keep running through the forest when someone yells out "HELPPPP ME"