*TRJ* 46

Since it was sunday, it was to be a free day for the workers on the plantation. The O'Neills had gone to church and Amirah was all cuddled in Amin's chest, snoring lightly.

When it was 10 am, they had breakfast and lolled around the cottage until the O'Neills returned from the church. Amirah spent part of the day with the O'Neills and had Sunday lunch with the family. When it was evening, Marian proposed they take a jaunt around the village to make Amirah familiar with other sites, and strolled as far as Zaida's house since she doesn't know the house.

So, as they set off on their walk, they passed by many beautiful cottages with pergola gardens.

"I think I'm falling in love with the villages around already." Amirah professed excitedly. "All the cottages, the gardens, the grassy walkways, and the hillsides."

"If I can say sincerely, I'm tired of this village already." Jane confessed bitterly. "I've grown up here confined in this environment not knowing other places."

"Since you're leaving to school this fall, I don't see reason why you should complain." Marian said. "After all Taunton is a nice town."

"Yeah, and you're also leaving in three months." Jane mocked with a smirk, and marian blanched. It seems the idea of getting married is wrenching her nerves even though she wanted that. But to say that she wasn't going far from home was something nice after all.

"Your fiancé is a nice guy." Amirah complimented. When the guy visited marian, they brought him to their cottage to get acquainted to each other. And she seems to read some great characters from him and knows that Marian will be lucky to have him.

"Yeah, and he loves her too." Jane added, and that didn't help the appearance of marian as she turned scarlet.

They dropped by Fanny's cottage, stayed some time with her before taking their leave and taking the alley that leads to Zaida's house.

Zaida's cottage looks old and imperial, like one of monarchical kingdoms. It's a very big storey building of the ancient aristocrat built in the olden days, but it still retains some of the beauty of the coral decorations, and that furbelows the building in a showy ornament.

They went straight to zaida's room at the first pavement. Her room is a medium sized, good for a maiden her kind. They all sprawled on the carpeted floor on the middle of the room and yawned.

Zaida brought some fresh harvested fruits for them and then sat down with them to chat.

"I'm so excited to see you guys. I was almost bored lying all here by myself without company." she couldn't hide the smile on her face anymore. "Yesterday's trip was so exciting and tiring, seriously when I laid down yester night, I couldn't even turn my body due to fatigue."

"It was a blessing I was able to make it alive this morning." Amira joked with a smile.

"What's tiring there, oh, I enjoyed every bit of leisure the trip had afforded. I'll love to have more of that kind." Jane clasped her hand and rapped on her laps.

"You're a hard working girl Jane." Zaida commented. "Exhaustion went in the opposite of your way."

"Well, Is my next door neighbor." Amirah said with an air of sarkiness, and the girls smiled at her.

"You were so worn out yesterday I can see." Marian joined, and as Amirah let out a smile and nodded, Jane poked out her tongue at Marian.

"That's the best you can do." Marian shook her head in amusement.

Amirah took in zaida's room. Apart from the small wooden bed, there was the small stand-out closet and a prayer mat splayed close to the closet. There was also a shelve with so many books stacked in neatly. The books were mostly islamic books, and that had prompted Amirah to speak.