*TRJ* 34

Amirah opened her eyes slightly, then squinted as the rays of light piercing through the window burnt her gaze. She flicked opened her eyes again and scanned her surrounding. There is no doubt she's in her room, in her father's house. She couldn't recall what transpired after she slumped to the ground.

Close to her head was her mother's worried face, and kabir was sitting beside her on the bed.

She looked at their faces one after another recounting what had transpired between she and her father. The heaviness she felt on her head was beyond measure. Her mind had improvised a kind of sorrow which her heart is now singing.

"How are you feeling now?" Her mother bent closer to her head and whispered.

She wanted to say something but her mouth was heavy. Her body was all wilted and numb as she tried getting up from the bed.

"Do you want to sit up?" Kabir asked, looking ruthfully at her.

She shook her head slightly.

"You have to get up and take painkiller to reduce the pain, and have something to eat." Her mother sat close to her head and lifted her up to incline on the wall. Kabir helped to make her sit and relax comfortably while sloping towards the wall.

"Get the medicine kabir."

Kabir urgently went for the medicine and came back shortly. He handed a dose to her and a glass of water. She collected the medicine frailly with one hand and went for the glass with the other hand as her hand trembled. She quivered as she raised the glass to her mouth and then gulped down the medicine. It had been like that with her everytime she had attack. It had always been with the painkiller reducing her pain, but no actual cure. She could not wonder sufficiently why her sickness in this world with expert doctors could be unfathomed.

She had spent part of her life pondering on the type of sickness she's suffering from and the depth of agony it had plunged her into. Why does she have to suffer all these? Why can't there be an actual cure to her sickness? All these she thought, still praying silently that there should come a cure to her sickness.

Where could her father be now? He was always with her whenever she had the attack. Even if he's not at home, if kabir or her mom called him, he will surely come back and stay by her side officiously. It seems he meant what he said earlier about not being her father any longer. What will she do now?

Amin could be there in his office, probably waiting for her call. She promised to call him and let him know what's going on. She knows he will be worried if he didn't see her, or hear that she had attack. She won't even want him to know so that he don't have to worry. But what if she didn't make it to him today? She's certain he's going to trail after her.

As she kept thinking incessantly with no actual solution to her problem, they were rattled by appa's hoarse voice as he hollered out loud.

Ummu sighed. "He had been like this ever since Amirah's incident. I don't know why he's taking the whole thing too serious as if one of them committed murder. Kabir go and see what's going on."

Kabir left the room hastily to confirm the reason why appa shouted.

When kabir left, Amirah made the effort to speak to her mother. "Did appa know that I had attack?"

"He knows because I told him. He said I should tell you to leave immediately you regain your consciousness."

"He don't care about me anymore." she uttered shakily.

"Don't worry about that he'll come over it. He's just being over angry. You have to eat something first should I make you pap?"

Amirah nodded.