*BH* 18

The evening was lovely and coruscant. Hannah, Neelam and Amirah intuitively trailed the hallow grace into the house. The sitting room was quiet and actually out of perks without a trace of sound. They all betook to the sofa and splayed their body exhaustedly on it.

"What a prosy day I had." Amirah sourly commented.

"You said you're expecting a visitor I guess, where is that person now?" Hannah curiously asked glancing towards the door.

"I don't know if that person had changed his mind about coming."

"Who's the person?" Neelam askantly demanded, letting out a wearied sigh as her eyes prowled over the sitting room.

"Don't be noxious and be on the look out." Hannah peskily said, silently wondering who really the visitor is that Amirah is hiding from them. Her curiosity falters and she sat quietly, probably waiting to see who that person might be.

Two graceful figures elegantly traced the placid serenity of the sitting room, silently uttering salaam. Amin sat on the couch and motioned to Yusif to do the same.

Yusif sat too, a mickle of smile on his face as he looked at the ladies wondrously.

They exchanged salaams between them.

"Welcome Yusif!" Amirah said pleasantly. "I thought you've change your mind about coming." A glint of smile ostentatiously displaying on her face.

"I was here since, we loafed around the street with Amin. Hannah right?" He gave an interest towards Hannah who sat incredibly looking at them.

"Yeah, you remember me?"

"Of course I do."

"Where have you been all this while?" Hannah asked, without any idea what she was saying. "Oh!" She smiled awkwardly to conceal her embarrassment. "I mean where you in the country all this while?" she concluded twinkling her emerald eyes in a coquettish demeanor.

"Coquettish Hannah!" Neelam whispered into Hannah's ear in a tetchy notion, and Hannah rolled her eyes.

"I've been around all the while." Yusuf smiled.

"You're always prying Hannah." Neelam uttered silently and smirked.

"If you don't mind Yusif," Amirah said, getting up on her feet. "Let me cook something for you fast. Just a fast food." She explained embarrassingly, feeling really sorry that he met nothing entertaining in the house.

"You don't have to, please." he stopped her sincerely. "I've eaten, seriously."

Amin looked at her and smiled."you should have done that before now."

"Your problem?" she said to him deprecatingly and sat back on her spot scowling at him.

"You don't have to worry about that." Yusif said after a dreadful pause that passed between them which made each of them to look at Amirah inquisitively.

"Oh I'm so sorry Yusif, I feel terrible about this. I know you're coming but didn't care to welcome you pleasantly."

"Really sorry?" Amin scoffed and gave out a little bitter laugh that portrayed the agony of his heart visibly on his face. If she can embarrass him in the presence of his friend by acting iniquitous towards his feelings, then there is nothing he will dread about her pesky actions again.

He didn't expect her to be rude to him publicly. Though he don't care about her being rude to him alone as her eccentricity is no longer what baffles him now, but displaying her fractious behaviour in the presence of her friends and his is practically sacrilege.