Dante Ahn- Challenges

I have recovered from another duration of radio silence. I had to stop writing for my Prelim Exams and it was a struggle to get back to to writing. Three more RHS oneshots to go please bear with me ;;

...

Title: Seeking Challenges

The new transfer student lay crouched in the corner of his glass cell. He hugged his legs as he buried his head onto his knees, emitting a pitiful vibe. Sadly, it's a normal behavior in Detention Centre when there's barely anything to do but wait and reflect on your sins. They treat us like prisoners in this place, claiming to rehabilitate us until we atone for our mistakes. 

I try not to let it go over my head.

"Psst, hey," I call to the boy incessantly. The poor soul is just drowning in his own despair. I say in a sickly sweet tone, "Please talk to me?" He's been ignoring my antics ever since he arrived despite that we're literally neighbours with cells adjacent to each other. I'm not daunted though. I have a knack of getting on someone's nerves.

"Leave me alone," A hoarse voice resurfaces after months of silence!"

"Ah, so the serpent speaks!" I tease, jokingly. He flinches at word 'serpent'.

"What do you want?" Bright red orbs glare back at me. How cute- he's mad.

"Someone to talk to," I respond, giving him my best puppy-dog eyes. "I get lonely really easily- especially since my classmate who used to be in that cell was condemned to hell. There's nothing to do here!"

I can't help but smirk when he shudders. I take the opportunity to examine him since he hides in the shadows so often. He has delicate features with soft pale pink hair that cascades over his face. Despite how fragile-looking he appeared, it's contrasted by the four sharp-tipped horns protruding from his scalp. 

"Hey talk to me please? Pretty please?" I ask sweetly. Clasping my hand together like an angel. Although he seems to be potentially lethal, I wonder what a gentle-looking boy like him did to end up in here. It can't be anything worse than what I've done. "What harm can it do?"

He shakes his head. I almost sigh in defeat when he asks, "What do you have in mind?"

I perk up at the invitation and grin like a Cheshire Cat. This going just as planned. "What's your power?"

He shoots up to his feet, glancing at his left and right to the neighbouring cells but the inhabitants seem to preoccupied in their own world. He crosses the cell to get closer to me. "How do you know about that? Only the teachers-"

"Went through some files during recess," I say waving it off. "I was just curious about meeting another sea serpent!"

"Another?" He repeats, raising an eyebrow.

I twirl dramatically and give him a curtsy. "How do you do, fellow serpent?"

"Who are you again?"

"My name is Y/n! It's so cool to meet someone like me." I smile- sweet as honey. He returns it with a deadpanned look.

"I'm Dante Ahn." He stares at the ceiling and sighs. "I don't really have powers. King Yemma sealed them before I arrived here."

"Hmm, really? Then what would you do if you had them back?" I encourage, tilting me head innocently. He looks away but I spot how he clenches his fists, hiding some bottled up anger. 

"I'd get out of this hell hole," he mumbles, attempting to sound half-hearted but the malice in his tone is as clear as day.  

"Is that all? Well, I'd actually try to pass my redemption test first without trouble," I start to babble, aimlessly walking in circles around my cell. "Once I return to Reincarnation High, I'd get payback for all those imbeciles who brought me here."