Ghost Teller: Grim Reaper- Late

Title: How Late is Too Late?

From the Webtoon, Ghost Teller by QTT. Go read it and tell me... are humans truly scarier than ghosts?

This looks better if you read with the dark background

As the characters do not have official names, I gave them lame nicknames!

The Grim Reaper: Grim
The Goblin/Dokkaebi: Kae
The Nine-Tailed Fox/Gumiho: Gumi
Child Ghost: Shin
Masked Ghost: Eun
Maiden Ghost: Aru

Late Part 1

88888

"I'm here, guys! Sorry I'm late!" I exclaimed as I entered the club room.

I walked towards the round table where all the ghosts of the afterlife gathered around. I was taken aback by the gloomy aura enveloping the dim-lit room- more gloomy than the dead usually emits. "Woah, what's with this depressing atmosphere. I'm in the right place, am I not?"

"Hmm. You're late," a raven-haired man mumbled out. He wore an onyx-coloured coat and a hat that seemed translucent. I always wondered- how come in this afterlife, spirits seem to be solid and opaque than being see-through as I had once thought? Despite this peculiar rule, that man's hat was undoubtedly apparent.

"My sincerest apologies, Grim, buy I don't see the doctor anywhere." I pointed out making my way to an empty chair between Grim and a ghost with unusually long hair.

"He was just telling to us how he has visited the human realm multiple times during work." The long-haired ghost explained to me, gesturing to Grim.

"Huh? Is that so, Aru?" I turned to face the rest of the ghosts. "So you're all depressed because of that?"

"Not really, its just how terrifying humans can be." The child with deep red eyes, Shin, responded. He then glanced down.  A head in the shape of a beast, with fangs and glowing eyes laid on Shin's lap. "Do you have anything to say?," Shin questioned the beastly head.

Eun's head- with nothing attached while his body remained seated on one of the chairs- responded, "With this kind of atmosphere, should I say more?" Eun was referring to the thickening despair in the air.

"Oh right!" A goblin with a horn sticking out from his bushy brown hair exclaimed, slamming his fist unto the table.

"Fear!" He called, referring to me. "Your career has to do with the human realm too! How is it like dealing with humans?"

"Kae, you sound like you have never met a human in your afterlife." I teased. "Well, I am a Messenger of Fear after all. I visit the human realm quite often. I've actually just came back from the realm. "

My eyes instinctively flickered to the only Grim Reaper in the room. His sullen blue eyes told me that he was too occupied in his own thoughts to be listening to me.