The first step part 1

Y/N POV

I woke up around 7:00 and got dressed for initiation. I than go to my locker to get Libra Flare. I than saw Ruby and Yang arguing over something so I went to go check it out.

Ruby POV

Yang: You seem awfully chipper today.

Ruby: Yep. No more awkward small talk. Today I let my sweetheart do the talking

Yang: Well, remember Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you want to grow up, you have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: Ugh, You sound like daaad. Ok, first of all, what does meeting new people have to do with fighting. And second of all, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk.

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: I don't know. I-I'll just be on your or Y/N's team or something.

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team.

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you applying that you don't want on the same team as me?

Yang: What. No, of course I do. I just though that it will help you break out of your shell.

Ruby: What. I don't need to break out of my shell. That's absolutely-

Jaune: Ridiculous. There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday. I would've remember having to count that high.

Y/N POV

Y/N: Hey you two. What's going on.

Ruby: Oh hey. Nothing's happening. Just a little bit of bickering.

Y/N: Well, we should head to the cliff for initiation. It starts in a bit.

Just than Jaunes hood got impales by a spear.

???: I'm sorry. It was nice meeting you.

Jaune: Likewise.

Y/N: Having trouble there lady killer.

Jaune: I don't get it. My father said all girls look for is confidence. Where did I go wrong.

Yang: Maybe snow angel probably wasn't the best start.

Ruby and I helped Jaune up and went to the cliff.

Time-skip

Ozpin: For years now you have trained to become warriors. And today your abilities will be evaluated and in the emerald forest.

Glynda: Now I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: Wha- aw

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of the time here on beacon. So it is the in your best interest to be paired with someone whom you can work well.

Ruby: Oh no.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partners for the next 4 years.

Ruby: WHAT?!?

???: See, I told you.

Ozpin: After you partnered up. You will make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Don't hesitate to destroy everything in your path or you will die

Jaune: (nervous) hehe.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of the test. But our instructor will not intervene. You will find an abandon temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: Yeah. Um, sir-

Ozpin: Good. Now take your positions.

I took my battle positions taking out Libra Flare in sword mode.

Jaune: Uh, sir? I got um, a question. So, this landing strategy thing. W-what is it. You're like, dropping us off or something?

Ozpin: No, you will be falling.

Jaune: Oh. I see. So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?

Ozpin: No, you will be using your own landing strategy.

Jaune: Oh, so what exactly is a landing strategyyyyyy.(flailing in the sky)

As I was launched into the air

————————————————————————

End of chapter 4