Chapter 34

*Since it's been a while it might help for you to recap on the previous chapters of this story as it's still following on in the same time*

-Madison's POV-

As I followed Austin out to the backyard a high pitch squeak filled my ears along with two arms wrapping themselves tightly around me. "Oh my god, oh my god!" Grace squealed, making the guys wince from the sound of her voice. Looking over her shoulder I saw the Slade pat Austin on his back, grinning at him and exchanging a few words that I couldn't hear. "Girl! Let me see your ring!" She pulled me back from the hug, taking my hand and examining the ring sitting so perfectly on my finger. It caught the light immediately, glistening in its wake. "It's so perfect" She whispered in awe, "Congratulations babe," 

Blushing from all of the sudden attention, I looked up at her, if anybody understood how difficult my life had become and had been my best friend throughout it all, it was Grace, "Thanks Gracie." 

"Hey Madison," Leo butted in impatiently, "I would say congratulations, but you've gotta put up with this dumbass for the rest of your life and I wouldn't really be celebrating that-"

"Cheers bro" Austin stated, narrowing his eyes at him. I laughed as I was pulled beside him, not for any reason other than the comfort of my close proximity.

"Man you know I'm just playing"

"He's not really," I teased mischievously.

"True. But I weren't trying to make him cry like a little bitch over there" Leo sniggered.

"Whatever, I'm the one with the fiancée and you're lonely bro" Austin boasted, looking down at me with admiration.

"I still can't believe you got someone like her," Finn commented in all politeness and respect, in regards to Austin's lifestyle. Because let's be honest, none of us expected him to ever settle down. 

"Yeah," Austin let the words fall out of his lips almost without thinking "I can't believe it either." 

"Y-you want to marry me?" I choked out in disbelief. "I just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into here, I don't want you to walk away once you realise there's someone so much better for you out there."

"Are you kidding me? Nobody could ever come close to comparing to you in the slightest. You're perfect beyond words, I love you, okay?" His voice was shaky due to his nerves, this was a big thing for him. He never talks about his feelings so openely.

"I love you too... so Yes." I said confidently, feeling a few happy tears roll down my cheek.

"Wait, yes?" He questioned, playing back what just happened as if he was in disbelief.

"Yes, I will marry you." I repeated, laughing at how uncertain he was.

His smile was big and his eyes were glossy, although he never once let a tear slip. He stood up off his knee and slid the ring on my finger. His strong, muscular arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me up off the floor as he spun me around. I shrieked playfully as I held on to the base of his neck in case I slipped, although I knew full well he wouldn't let me. His laughter blended in with mine.

He set me down once we stopped spinning, both of us staying as close as possible to one another. As if there was some new found love for one another that was stronger than before. He was so focused on me, he seemed to be taking in how happy I was in this moment, how between us right now, everything was perfect.

"Well this calls for a celebration then!" Slade clapped, standing up from his chair. "Let's all go out tonight" 

Austin and I looked at each other, already thinking the same thing. We'd known by now that leaving the safety of our home to go out was one sure way to risk everything going wrong, and we just wanted this, our, perfect moment to stay, well, perfect.