Chapter 35

*Explicit content and mature themes- throughout the entire book, really. But it's Chapter 35, so you should know that by now.*

"Austin? What are you doing" I asked, peering round our door cautiously before entering it. He seemed to be putting some clothes in a suitcase- I mean, I knew he was kind of annoyed this morning but I didn't think it was that serious...

"Oh," He caught sight of my worried expression, his lips pulling up into a slight smile. "It's not what it looks like," He laughed lightly. I let my backpack fall down my one shoulder to the floor and walked over to where he was standing.

"Really, because it looks like you're leaving to me" I mumbled, I thought things were going okay.

"I thought you weren't going to be home for another hour,"

I frowned, "You weren't going to tell me?" The sound of his chuckle made me even more frustrated. "Austin, can you please just tell me what the hell is going on here" I whined, completely confused.

"Alright, alright fine" He sighed. "I know we both kinda agreed on not wanting to do all the partying shit but an engagement is a big thing you know, I thought we could celebrate it some other way.. Like maybe we could get away for the day, just the two of us" His plans sounded more like a suggestion, nervous to know whether or not I'd approve.

"Are you serious?" I shrieked, making his face scrunch up in disapproval to the volume of my voice. "I've been wanting to do something like this for the longest time!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly in excitement. His large arms wrapped around my petite frame.

"I know, I just want to spend time together... alone" He winked at me as I pulled away from his embrace. I bit my lip to fight the huge smile on my face. "But, I'm still pissed at you for ruining the surprise" He continued to pack the rest of his things.

"It's not my fault you suck at planning surprises. You know I hate them anyway, you ass."

"Whatever," He smirked, "Go pack your girly shit so we can leave" 

--

I was in awe when we reached our destination after a good three hours of driving. It was the most perfect little lake house I could ever of imagined and was exactly what the both of us needed- a momentary escape from reality.

"Jesus Christ Madison, it's a one day trip why the hell did you take two suitcases worth of clothes" Austin complained as he hauled the cases out of his car.

"Because, you gotta have backups." I reasoned, even though I knew myself I had got a little carried away. At least I know I have everything I need, can never have too many clothes, right? "Let me help" I tried to grab one of the handles but Austin lightly slapped my hand away.

"You are not lifting a single finger this whole trip"

I could stand here and debate that fact, but we all know Austin wouldn't budge, so why waste time.

The lake house was beautiful, it had everything you could dream of for a small get-a-way. A private lake, jet skiis, an outdoor pool, a jacuzzi, huge bathtubs, beds and tvs, you name it, it's there. Nothing short of perfect.

"And it's really all ours? For the whole day?" I questioned. During our whole relationship I couldn't think back to a time where Austin and I had spend longer three hours together alone. Just the thought of it bought butterflies to my stomach like a love struck tween.

"Yeah baby, no interruptions" His lips laced the skin of my neck as he spoke. He left a few chaste kisses and let his arms wrap around me from behind. "Know what that means?" His voice was husky, deep and focused. The sound alone made me want to jump his bones right here. Of course I know what that means.