Chapter 6

Madison's POV

I layed my hand down gently on his tensed shoulder. I could tell that he hadn't calmed down completely from the previous events; well, that makes two of us.

"Are you afraid?" He questioned, looking me in the eyes. I took the piece of cloth and ran it under the water.

"Of what?" I brought the cloth up to his face and wiped away the dried blood- around his nose especially.

"Me. The boys." I shrugged and looked in his eyes for a split second. They were so dark that they gave me chills.

"No, I'm sure you have reasons for doing what you do." I replied boldly.

I studied his face which was now leveled to mine, as I was sitting on the counter top. Satisfied with the cleaning process, I threw the cloth to the side and took a cotton ball and antiseptic and dabbed it onto the cotton ball. I returned my gaze to Austin, who had a sly smirk planted on his lips.

"This might sting a little." I warned him, before dabbing it onto his wounded skin. To my surprise, he didn't even flinch.

"Nothing worse than a gun shot." He smirked. I pushed at his chest a little and he moved back.

I hopped off the counter top and threw the cloths away.

"Stop it. I know what you're trying to do." I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Oh yeah?" He turned around the heels of his shoes. "What am I trying to do?"

"Ugh you're so annoying!" I said, exasperatedly. I rolled my eyes at him and walked out of the room.

I felt a cold hand wrap around my wrist, pulling me back. I bumped into Austins chest with a gasp.

"You know I fucking hate it when you roll your eyes at me." His grip tightened on my wrist and I tried to shake him off.

"Stop, you're hurting me." He glanced down at my wrist and released his grip.

"Tell me what you think I was trying to do" He demanded.

I sighed. "You're trying to scare me."

He walked towards me, closing the gap between us. One of his hands carressed my cheek, as he looked into my eyes. "Aw cry me a river." He sniggered before attatching his lips to mine.

No matter how annoying he was being right now, I just couldn't resist him.

I soon found myself moving my lips in motion with his. I moved my hands to rest on his chest, and he moved his hand to the base of my neck.

He tasted of a weird mix of smoke and mint, it was different and I couldn't help but love it.

"Yo dude-" Slade walked through the door, and paused when he saw us.

Austin smirked and stepped back from me a little, allowing me to stand straight.

"I was just gonna apologise before I came up here and saw your tongues stuck down each others throats."

I blushed a little, looking away.

"We hadn't actually got to that yet" Austin smirked.

"We cool?" Slade questioned.

"Yeah we're alright." I watched as they both did the 'handshake into hug' thing that I don't understand.

"So that's who all those men were?" I questioned, thinking back to the diner and the alleyway. It didn't take me long to put the pieces together.

Austin killed people.

He was a criminal.

No matter how much my mind pleaded for him to be just a normal teenager, he was far from it.

I wasn't scared.

I felt safe in his presence; well, that's when he isn't yelling at me.

Istudied his movements and the shrug of his shoulders, "I guess that depends on who you think they are." Again. The 'smart' replies.

"People who want to hurt you?.." I questioned shyly, noticing how young and weak I was sounding.

He laughed slightly at me and shook his head a little. "Yeah, you could say that."

I was sat in on the garden chairs surrounding the table with Austin, Slade, Finn, and Leo. They all had a cigarette lit, along with their bottle of beers each.

I shuddered unnoticably in the cold winter breeze, pulling my long sleeves down over my hands and raising my shoulders in an attempt to stay warm. I hadn't paid attention to what they were saying, I sat there in a daze. This didn't bother any of them; I'm sure they were probably thankful for me staying quiet and out of the way.

A few seconds later, a rustling of keys were heard in the distance. Without another word being spoken, what was once a loud garden turned into a quiet one.

The atmosphere had changed from relaxed to tense.

I watched as nobody dared to even move in their seats, trying to remain as still as possible. Danger shot me a warning glance, his way of telling me to stay silent. I held my breath, thinking it helped me stay even more silent. A crunch of leaves were heard closer in the distance than before.

"Fuck" Austin whispered loudly.

"Austin hide her. We need to get back inside. They've come earlier than expected." Finn instructed with a set jaw.

He was just about to pull me over to the garage when we were frozen by the sound of a door swinging open. I was pulled behind Austin; staying on the corner of the house.

All four boys pulled guns out from their pockets; Austin's one was hidden in his back pocket of his jeans. A figure marched through the back door and my breath became shaky. I held onto the back of Austins shirt in the balls of my fists for safety, making it rise slightly.

Austin's eyes widened as the figure stepped into the lit pavement. I took note of what he was wearing; an old murky green shirt, old jeans and converse with a big black back pack hanging off his right shoulder. I released the grip of Austin shirt as he stood up from his previous crouched position.

"Long time no see boys," He chuckled humourlessly.

Just from the cold tone of his voice, I could tell who this was.

Draydon.

"Here, I know the pay was shit" Draydon threw a wad of money rolled up to Austin and he studied it before shoving it into his coat pocket, "But things are gonna change around here. I got a new job for you, you're gonna have people all round-"

"You know what Dallas?" He paused, narrowing his eyes and moving closer to him. "You can take your job and you can shove it. Cause I'm out." He spat.

"Do you know how much I've given you?" He shouted, piercing my ear drums. "Huh?! Oh, let's start with- Oh I don't know- A new fucking life?! A job? Oh and that whore named Lynn.. Just to name a few things. And now you want out? You think I'm just gonna let you walk?"

I had no idea what the hell he was on about. As far as I knew, they guys owed him nothing. This man was twisted.

"Fuck. No." Dallas spat.

It was silent for a moment before all hell brook loose.

I heard a loud crash; one of which resembled a table being flipped over. A thunder of glass, tables and chairs hit the floor.

I found myself wishing I was those broken pieces of glass. Done with. But instead, I was stuck in this danger.

I saw punches being thrown left right and center with the guns all on the ground. Suddenly, Austin pinned Dallas to the ground and threw punches; not leaving a single space on his face unharmed.

After a few solid minutes, he stopped and held the collar of his shirt. Draydon looked to the right and glanced at me, causing me to gasp in shock. His eyes were so evil... I've never seen something like it before.

I ran and ran, somewhere- anywhere to get away from him. The next thing I know, somebody pulled me by my waist into a dark dusty van and sped down the street.

Austin's POV

"You think I fucking work for you?" I spat furiously. "I run this town and it seems to be only your gang that doesn't understand that shit."

"If you ran this town this wouldn't be happening right now. You wouldn't have even took the money." He smirked, coughing up blood.

I slid the money out of my pocket along with a lighter. I held it up to the notes and watched them burn to ash. "Your money means fucking nothing to me, piece of scum." I slammed his head back down onto the concrete. "If you were as clever as you like to think you were, you'd know that I only did what you said because it benefited us." I snarled. "And Lynn? The girl you gave us? We shot her. Thats how little your team is worth." I smirked, knowing it would piss him off that I killed one of his gang members. You see, Draydon always had a little soft spot for her, and boy was she a fiesty one.

He chuckled "How ironic. That's exactly what we had planned to do with your girl."

I looked up to where Madison once stood, to see an empty space.

"Huh, where is she?" He taunted. "Talk about fucking 'running the town."

"What the fuck have you done with her" I screamed, throwing another punch. He shoved me off of him and stumbled to his feet.

"We're just going to have a little fun." He grinned.

"I swear to God if you-" I was cut short by Slade running back out from inside the house. I don't know how the fuck he did it, but he must had noticed sooner that she had gone.

"136 Park Avenue, Mahone. I've tracked her." He rushed and with nothing more said I sprinted to the SUV, with the others shortly behind, escaping Draydon.