Chapter 20

-Austin's POV-

I watched her chest rise and fall as she was dreaming. Her head rested on my chest, her body cuddling into me. Her faints sighs were heard as she breathed deeply, her eyelashes fluttering in her sleep. She looked just like an angel.

But I still couldn't find out if she really was an angel to me, or some sort of devil in disguise. Like an illusion of what is good, which only turns out to be another thing dragging my hell of a life down a path of even more misery. I've changed.

Damn right you have.

The voice in my head taunted back at me. 'Shut up' I growled back.

You're not as tough as you used to be. And everyone knows it. She's got you wrapped around her little finger.

I clenched my jaw and ran both hands through my hair, furiously pulling at the ends as I groaned. Throwing the covers off me, I got up from my bed, Madison didn't wake, instead, just snuggled up into the blankets.

Turning the sink on, I splashed the cold water over my face, anything to get my mind to fuck off. I told myself I'd never let this happen to me, but as much as I can deny it, there's no use. It's already happened.

I've fallen for somebody.

I'm in love.

I value a life of another more than I do my own. And I've let everybody know that.

She's the only thing I have now. That's why they taunt her and terrify her. One day I'll get the call to say her body's been found. And I'll be nothing. She's the only good in my life. She is my pride. She's my last bit of normal I'll ever have.

How the fuck did I let it get this far.

I leaned on the cabinet, looking at my disheveled appearance in the mirror. I need to get away from this place. I need to be back in my own town.

Once I was changed in my clothes, I headed downstairs once I heard voices. "Go get your shit together. I'm heading back home in a hour, with or without you all." I stated. I guess they decided to give me a damn break for once, because they all did exactly what I said without a single remark back.

I looked at Madison sleeping peacefully as I moved a piece of hair behind her ear. Stop it Austin. I move my hand away, standing up straight. "Wake up Madison" I said. "Wake up." I repeated. She furrowed her eyebrows with her eyes closed as her body began to wake itself up. She moaned as a result of her tired state, as she lifted her head from the pillow, her eyes adjusting from the light. Once she recognised her surroundings, she fell back into bed, turning over the other way.

"I'm leaving in a hour wether you're ready or not" I said, and walked out, before her eyes could make me fall for her again and again.

-Madison's POV-

I let out a long yawn as I stretched in bed. Even though I wanted to stay asleep, I forced my body to wake. Standing up and walking over to my suitcase, I decided to wear comfortable clothes, due to the sore bruises that companied over half of my body. I had black dancer sweats on with a baggy white tee on, with a sports bra underneath. Despite the ache in my arms, I managed to pull my hair into a messy ponytail.

"Is everything okay Maddi?" I heard Grace ask from the doorway. "Yeah," I stood up, and dragged my suitcase as I walked over to her. "Just sore and achey" I said honestly. She gave me a sympathetic look, "Did you and Austin get into an argument last night? It's just... He's been acting a bit off with everyone..." She asked gently. I furrowed my eyebrows, "No, we were fine last time I remember speaking to him?" I said slowly, "But I haven't spoken to him yet today..." I trailed off.

She nodded politely. I went to take my suitcase downstairs but she stopped me. "Don't hurt yourself. I'll get Finn to take it downstairs, just take it easy okay" I smiled lightly at her, "You're the best, Grace"

"Austin?" I called out. We had finally arrived back in town. Austin has been acting distant with everyone today, and I couldn't understand why. He was planning to spend a lot of time with me on holiday a few hours ago, and now he wants nothing to do with me.

I found him standing in the living room, staring off into space. "Austin" I whispered gently, before wrapping my arms around his torso from behind. He tensed at my touch. "Austin what's going on?" I asked softly, tugging at him to turn and face me. He grasped his cold hands over both of my wrists, and pulled them from him. Letting them fall to my sides, I watched as he walked away from me, not once looking at me.

I quickly grabbed onto his arm, making him stop. "Aus-" He quickly turned around and pushed me up against a wall. I bravely looked up to his eyes, but they showed nothing. They were emotionless. They were empty. Feeling as if he was about to walk away again, I quickly joined my lips to his.

My lips softly brushed against his. His hands found my waist and eagerly pulled me into him. His tongue rolled into my mouth, making me moan slightly into the kiss. He placed a kiss on the corner of my mouth, slowly trailing down to my neck. His tongue worked like magic on my skin, sucking, nibbling and biting as I was left in utter bliss. Catching him by surprise, I pushed him back onto the couch and sat over him, straddling his waist. He pulled me down onto him, so there was no space between us. His lips joined to mine once again. I slipped my hands under his shirt and rested them at the waistband of his pants, teasing Austin. "Stop" Austin said with a tone of voice he's never used on me before. "Madison I said stop!" He raised his voice, terrifying me.

I sat up on him, quickly moving my hands away. I don't know what I did wrong or if I wasn't good enough. I looked down, but I could still notice his jaw clench, and I could still feel his eyes on me, watching me intently to see what my next move would be. I got up off him entirely as my eyes began to blur. I quickly moved upstairs before he could see how much he hurt me.

-Austin's POV-

You're not supposed to feel like that. You fuck her for her body and throw her out and get a new slut tomorrow, just like you used to. No feelings attached. What the fuck's happened to you. Look at you.

"Shut up!" I yelled, clenching my jaw as I hard as I possibly could, and pulling on my hair. I kicked the table as I stood up.

"It's not good to talk to yourself, you know" Leo stated.

"I can't keep doing this" I screamed, throwing a glass into the wall, hearing it shatter.