Chapter 4

Madison's POV

After one of the most intense car rides I've ever had to endure came to an end, Austin pulled up to an 80's style restaurant - more like a diner. It's really popular around where I live; my parents used to take me here alot when I was a kid.

The car door being shut from Austins side burst my bubble of thoughts and I came back to reality. I opened my door and slid out, accidentally slamming it behind me. Austin whipped his head round in a scowl, "Don't," He emphasized "Slam that."

I grinded my teeth together and followed him into the Diner. I couldn't help but notice him check out a few of the young waitresses as we waited at the front booth.

"Hello" An older woman greeted us.

"Table for 2" Austin commanded, rudely.

"Thank you" I said politely, after she had directed us to our booth. He slipped into his side of the table as I did the same.

One of the younger waitresses stopped at our booth. "Can I get you any drinks?" She questioned, facing Austin and completely ignoring my existence. I looked down at the table and let him order.

Was I a little jealous? Well maybe, but that's fine because I am on a lunch date with him. He should show a little more respect. However, I was not about to lose my cool in public. But in my mind, I had already killed this dumb bitch 10 times. After placing the order for drinks, he focused his attention back to me.

"This is nice" He grinned.

"Fantastic" I replied, drumming my fingers on the table. I hadn't decided wether Austin was doing this on purpose- to get back at me for standing up to him earlier, or if he was just being a boy. Either way, I was still pissed at him.

I watched as the waitress managed to slip over thin air, just as she happened to be walking past Austin. He snapped his head over to her, and instinctively caught her by her waist before she could fall straight down. She giggled innocently, earning a smirk from Austin. I sighed loudly, and stormed out of the diner.

Maybe there were better ways to deal with the situation but I wasn't about to let myself be made a fool out of.

I heard the sound of a chair scuff against the tiled floor, which I guessed was Austin coming after me. Fuck. I knew there was nowhere I could go from here, and he probably knew that aswell. I mean, I knew this area.. The walk back to school was just half an hour long. I stormed off down the side of the building to a little grassy area.

"Where the fuck are you going?" I didn't even have to look at who it was. I knew it was Austin.

"Away from you" I spat, as he took grip of my wrist.

"Good one" He smirked, and let go of my wrist once I had turned around to face him.

"I wasn't trying to be clever." I mumbled, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Why are you acting like such a bitch?" He raised his voice, venom dripping from every word.

"At least I'm not a whore like you." I seethed, narrowing my eyes at him.

He chuckled dryly at me, "You're crazy"

"At least I don't go flirting with people after bringing somebody out on a date." I murmured.

He raised his eyebrows in realisation of where I was getting to. "You're seriously jealous? Are you kidding me right now"

"I'm not jelous." I hissed. "As far as I'm concerned." I pointed between the both of us. "We're nothing."

Austin kept an amused expression, "Oh really?" He asked, walking closer to me.

"Mhm." I hummed proudly.

"You see, I know you're lying." He whispered, dangerously close to my face. My back collided with a wall from stepping back from Austin, and I mentally cursed. Why did this have to happen, right now. Seriously?! "You wanna know how?" I nodded as I felt his hot breath hit my lips. "Because you wouldn't do this otherwise" He whispered again, kissing my cheek and leaving it there for a few moments.

He moved his lips down to mine and captured them in a kiss. I pushed back on his chest, snapping out of my trance. "Austin, stop"

"Why babe" He breathed out.

"I'm not your babe! And you can't just kiss me and expect everything to be alright!"

He took a few steps back, giving in to the pressure of my hands pushing his chest back. "You're just mad because you don't want to admit you liked it" He smirked cockily.

I scoffed in disgust, "I think you'll find I did not enjoy that one bit!" I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's wrong Austin? Never been rejected before? Aw did I hurt your ego?" I teased.

Yes, I have to admit I do in fact find Austin very attractive, but he doesn't need to know that. I'm not going to let him treat me like shit one minute, and then have his way with me the next. I'm not that kind of girl.

He took a step forward again, and pulled my body into his. I didn't reject this, because I was finding playing hard to get too fun at the moment. He moved down to my neck, his hot breath hitting my skin.

"You know you can't resist me, babe"

He swooped down and captured my lips into a sweet kiss. Shock waves shot through my body. I knew this was wrong but as clique as it sounds, it felt right. There was no denying that he was a good kisser.

"Oh look boys, if it isn't Mr. Mahone himself" A deep voice intimidated.

I looked over to the direction I had arrived here, and saw three buff guys a little older than Austin who clearly thought they were tough.

As much as I'm laughing at them, I can't deny that I was afraid. There was something about these dudes that didn't seem... right.

Austin parted from the kiss, dropping his hands down from me. I watched him as he turned to face them, death flashing through his eyes.

"How many fucking times do I have to tell you guys to fuck the hell off" He said as he clenched his fists. His lips snarled with rage as he watched them laugh dryly at him.

"And who are you, sexy?" The one I indentified as the 'leader' directed towards me, disregarding Austin's previous comment.

I felt uncomfortable, not sure if I should answer or not. "I'm-" "None of your business" Austin finished for me, shifting infront of me slightly as if to shield me.

"I know what you're fucking here for. I aint as dumb as you Blair. Haven't you learnt your fucking Yet?"

"Why don't you give us what we're after then." The guy smirked.

"You know what, I might just keep it" Austin shrugged.

"Hell no you won't. What's the matter? Been too caught up over your new sex toy to think about work?" He chuckled dryly, walking towards me.

"Watch your fucking mouth, she's got nothing to do with this" Austin spat, pushing the creep away. When he took another step forward, Austin took hold of him by the neck and rammed him up against the brick wall. "And if you ever talk about her like that again, I swear to god I'll kill you. Got it?" He spat through clenched teeth.

The man nodded feverishly and Austin shoved him away. "This aint over Mahone"

"What was all that about?" I asked him hesitantly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Nothing" He numbly replied. Wow, the amount of times I've heard that one before. I don't understand why he can't just open up to me and tell me things, instead of beating around the bush all the damn time.

"Just get in the car, Madison. I don't have time for your stupid ass questions right now."