Chapter 19 : Forgiveness

Chapter 19 is here~ I don't own Cardfight Vangaurd at all~ Bushiroad does sadly... Anyway let the chapter start!

I looked at the beige haired teen who entered my room in shock, I had never expected Mizuha of all people to visit me in the hospital. It would have been assured to expect the teen yet, here he was standing in front of me, hazel eyes staring at the ground with unease.

"Mizuha.. Why are you... Here?"

I wanted to know why he came, he was the cause of my pain and loneliness all these years.

"Sendou..."

Mizuha's hazel gaze lifted up from the ground and rested upon me, his expression surprised me. Instead of the hate I was used to, his eyes were swirling with sadness and regret, he also seemed as if he too had been crying.

Why would Mizuha cry? Doesn't he feel joy in making my life miserable?.. If so... Then why?

"Sendou I'm sorry..."

I looked at the hazel eyed teen in complete shock, those were the words I had least expected to come from his mouth.

"What?... D-did you just say you're sorry?"

Mizuha glanced away from me for a second then nodded slowly, his hands were cupped together and fidgeting slightly. I had never seen Mizuha look so completely vulnerable before, he looked as if even the slightest thing could shatter him to bits, I had never seen him like that before.

"Yes... I didn't think that what I was doing was causing you so much harm... I only meant for it to become a joke Sendou.. I'm so sorry, if I knew how much it was hurting you, I would have stopped sooner."

Mizuha's voice seemed to waver as he apologized to me, I couldn't help but smile. I could tell that Mizuha was telling the truth and that he really was truly sorry. However something still confused me.

"Mizuha, why did you choose me for your game?..."

I was slightly afraid of the answer, I was afraid of the harsh words that I used to receive from him, even though I knew that they wouldn't be coming this time.

"Well, I had nothing against you at all, I just... Didn't know you so I thought that it would be fun, also you were so quiet and shy I didn't think that you would tell... I'm sorry... The truth is, I have nothing against you Sendou... When you scared me with all that blood that one time, I switched the game to ignoring you, I even made everyone play along..."

Mizuha's words came to me with relief, I was glad that I hadn't done anything wrong to cause him to choose me specifically. Yet it also made me slightly sad, it was so unfair to be chosen that way.

"I see..."

Mizuha suddenly grabbed my hands, I flinched out of habit at his touch. Mizuha seemed to have noticed this because he frowned sadly, his hazel eyes still filled with guilt.

"Ah sorry... I didn't mean to startle you, it's just... I would also like to be your friend.. I know I have no right to ask this of you but still, I want to make it up to you Sendou"

I smiled at Mizuha, he seemed so different from the Mizuha that I knew, yet this seemed like his true self.

"Mizuha... I seemed to have misjudged you all this time, yes it would be nice to be your friend"

Naoki suddenly put one of his hands on both of our heads and ruffled our hair, he had a goofy grin covering his face.

"Well now that everything's settled, we can hang out as soon as you're discharged from the hospital Aichi!"

I looked over towards my mom, she hadn't said anything at all the whole time she was here.

"Mom, when am I aloud out of the hospital?.."

She smiled warmly at me, her cyan eyes were filled with such affection it made me feel lighter. I was glad, glad that my mom wasn't mad at me for trying to do something that was completely stupid.

"You're able to go to school tomorrow Aichi, that's if you want to"

I looked over at Mizuha and Naoki they nodded towards me and smiled. I nodded back then looked back towards my mom.

"Id like to go to school tomorrow if that's okay"

My mom hagged me tightly, her hug felt so warm and safe, I was so glad that I had been saved. If I hadn't been saved I probably wouldn't have ever felt my mom's warm hugs ever again or see Emi's kind smile.

After everyone left, my mom took me and Emi home so I could get ready for school when I woke up, I felt slightly nervous about going back to school. I had run out of the classroom all of a sudden and caused a lot of problems, however I knew that I couldn't run away from my problems anymore, I had two new friends to help me.

I wondered how everyone would treat me once I arrived, I didn't like being unsure but even so, I had already decided to go to school tomorrow even if I still felt uneasy when I woke up.

I went to go change into my pyjamas, when I had taken off my shirt I looked at my bandaged arms sadly. I went over towards my dresser drawer and pulled out my old knife, I smiled as I tossed it into the trash bin, I knew that I probably wouldn't need it ever again.

Even if I begin to feel sad again... I've got friends who I can trust and talk to, I should have realized that when I ran out of the classroom.

I wondered if should wear long sleeves often, I shook my head and decided not to.

When my bandages are removed, the scars will be a reminder, a reminder that I don't want to die anymore, a reminder to always be grateful for my life.

Me: that's the end of chapter 19~

Aichi: I have another friend..

Mizuha: yes, and I'll make things right..

Naoki: you better Mizuha! >~>

Me: hehe this isn't the end of the story yet~

Aichi: really?

Me: yep~ there's still a few chappys I've got planned~

Aichi: hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it's short