twenty-four ; pt2♤

chan's pov
it was last period. chan's leg was moving frenetically up and down under the desk while he nervously doodled a graffiti sketch on the corner of his maths notebook.

"damn it, chan, stop," minho whined from the seat next to him, placing a hand on the younger's thigh. chan looked up at his classmate and apologised, stopping his leg movement.

"ugh, min, you know i'm nervous..." chan trailed off. his friend perfectly knew what he was talking about. chan had told him everything.

"yes, i know, but that doesn't mean you have to recreate an earthquake under our desk," he wisper-shouted, making sure their teacher couldn't hear them.

chan just sighed and laid his back on the chair, his gaze wandering around the room and then out of the window.

he wondered what jeongin was doing, if he was enjoying his lesson or just boring the life out of him like chan was doing. he honestly hoped the younger was feeling better.

an unconscious smile spread on his face at the thought of that little ball of fluff and cuteness that was yang jeongin. chan had grown so attached to the younger in such a short time and he didn't even regret it one bit.

he made his days brighter.

he had that peculiar permanent smile on his face that would always warm your heart. you never saw him with a straight or sad face. the other option was seeing him pouting – and chan found it extremely adorable.

he felt something special towards that boy and knew for sure he wasn't going anywhere far from him nor letting him go.

when finally the last bell rang, chan dashed out of the classroom without even saying bye to minho, who just shook his head wish a small smile, "ah... these boys in luv..."

chan ran past the students in the hallway, some giving him weird looks as he rushed trough the crowd. he had to avoid jeongin at all costs or his plan would fail. when he was finally out of the gate—he was actually one of the first people to get out of school  —he took a deep breath and started walking to his destination.

he pulled out his phone and reluctantly typed a lie to send to jeongin.

but what could he do? he needed a cover for that day.

channie hyung
hey innie, i'm so sorry, but something came up and i'm gonna be late

you can walk home alone

i'll make it up to you, i swear

innie
don't worry hyung

don't stress yourself too much

see you tomorrow~

he pouted when he received the reply from the younger, imagining he was probably wearing the same facial expression. and he only felt like kissing that pout away.

he shook his head to get rid of that image. he couldn't let himself think about that for now. he pocketed his phone once again and kept walking towards the cafe he was headed to.

as soon as he recognised the sign from a certain distance he smiled and quickly walked up to the entrance of jin's cafe.

he was soon greeted with the typical smell of freshly-baked cakes and sweet hot drinks. he walked up to the counter, biting on his lower lip to restrain himself from buying something yummy.