♤epilogue

"hyung! pass me the remote control!" hyunjin yelled from one side of the couch.

"i'll get chips! who wants chips?" changbin yelled right after, standing by the doorframe of the kitchen.

all the other boys started to yell their own reply and soon the living room was a complete mess of eight boys yelling to each other.

until a loud voice echoed in the room, making everyone shut up instantly.

"why are you all yelling?!" chan asked asked at the top of his lungs poking his head put from the kitchen. he was still holding a frying pan in his hands.

all the younger boys looked up at him, eyes big and mouths agape, feeling guilty for creating such a chaos in their hyung's house.

"uhm..." hyunjin spoke up, lifting his head from the couch, "we're just organising some stuff," he gave the eldest a sweet innocent smile that only made chan give a smile in return.

"you can keep having fun, boys. just lower your volume because you were about to break my eardrums." he said right before running back to the kitchen.

there were a few seconds of silence, before hyunjin spoke up.

"what is hyung cooking? i thought we were ordering something."

"i don't know, honestly," felix replied as he went back to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for the hungry kids. (who's stray kids? i only know hungry kids)

they all turned to minho and changbin, thinking they might know something about it, but they just shrugged and the topic was dropped.

the loud conversations were back in the blink of an eye, but after a while the boys were finally almost quiet, ready to watch a movie.

chan and jeongin were hugging on one couch, felix sitting by their side.
on the smaller couch there were seungmin and hyunjin, while changbin, minho and jisung all sat on the floor on a warm blanket. they all had snacks, whether they were popcorn, chips and... icecream?

"why are you eating ice cream in this cold weather? it's almost christmas," chan asked as he lifted his head.

jisung and felix, the ones who were actually eating ice cream, snapped their heads in his direction and cracked a smile.

"ice cream makes you happy," felix started.

"doesn't matter when you eat it," jisung added and the two shared a high five, making the eldest shake his head in despair.

"alright, guys-" he started, before jeongin interrupted him.

"what were you cooking earlier, hyung? you said you didn't want us to go into the kitchen," the younger asked as he played with his sleeve. all of them were wearing their christmas pyjamas.

chan just gave him and the others a sweet smile, "a special dinner."

they all seemed a bit confused.

"it's a gift for you guys and i didn't want you chaotic kids to ruin it," chan huffed.

"okay..? as long as it tasted good," minho asked, as he wrapped his left arm around jisung's waist, drawing him closer.

"hey, but we're not that much chaotic!" felix added, making chan raise his brows, "okay, maybe we are... a little bit..."

they boys all shared a knowing look, the only sound that could be heard was jisung's munching on his chips now, and then a burp.

they all looked at him who gave them an apologetic smile.

"sorry, it's just the cola."

———

the movie time was soon followed by a video games session, where the cheering got so loud it almost seemed as if they were watching the olympic games.

they played all kinds of games and needless to say, felix was almost impossible to defeat, leading him to the final game against hyunjin, where the younger became the absolute winner. the prize for his victory was basically being carried around the house by chan and changbin on their shoulder like a king, as the others laughed their asses off at the scene, even recording it on their phones.

when the euphoria slowly calmed down, food was now scattered everywhere in the house, but they were positive they were going to clean everything up in the morning, not wanting chan's house to look like a rubbish dump.

it was almost 2am, and they were all heading to their sleeping spots. chan and jeongin were sharing his bed, cuddling.

hyunjin and seungmin ended up in the second bedroom, where they could comfortably lay in that king sized bed, yet they decided to stay close and snuggle to each other.

minho and jisung chose the last room at the end of the hallway, which was mostly used to store some unused stuff, but the small  bed there was still comfortable and they didn't mind having some privacy.

and finally, changbin and felix were sleeping in the two couches in the living room. they were the only ones who were not a couple so it seemed quite fair they slept there. however, seeing as they were working on their friendship, they didn't have any less fun of the others, laughing at their own jokes and funny stories until they had tears in their eyes and felix was almost rolling off the couch.

after yelling good night to each other from every corner of the house, it was silent for a while before a scream was heard and it was clear to everyone it was jisung.

the last thing they heard was changbin yelling from the living room, "MINSUNG, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE FUCK IN THIS HOUSEHOLD!"

THE END

alright, here we are. this story has eventually come to an end. i can't help but tear up a little as i write this, cause i would have never imagined so many people would read and appreciate this. since it's my first proper book in english, i feel really proud of how far i've come and i really want to thank all of you guys for the support.

however, it's not really over yet, because there will be some bonus chapters that i wrote since i really don't want to end thisss ㅠㅠㅠ
so please stay tuned💖

update: as i was rewriting this, i realised some parts don't really make sense as i had to take out an essential character from this chapter. but it was necessary, so i hope you understand. i tried my best

-mic