sixteen♤

"jeongin, i'm so sorry, really! i didn't mean to, but changbin is being a pain in the ass," felix snorted from one end of the line.

"it's no big deal..." jeongin replied, even though... it actually was.

lee felix, his hyung who was good at english, had just ditched him the day before the test, where they were supposed to revise everything.

"changbin is forcing me to go on a date! i don't want to and i know i'll regret it, but he said that if i go he'll leave me alone. and that leaves me with no choice."

"felix, you don't have to go if you really don't want to. you can't just let him treat you like this..." jeongin replied, a hint of worry in his voice.

"don't worry, i'll be fine. and he won't be a burden anymore."

"okay, be careful," jeongin said.

"sure, thank you so much, and i'll make it up to you!" felix honestly admitted.

"lee yongbok, i won't forget this!" jeongin exclaimed with a fake evil laugh, before ending the call without giving the chance to reply.

he then took a deep breath and let himself fall face-first onto his bed, groaning at the impact.

he slowly turned around, bringing one hand over his closed eyes as the other one held the phone.

he thought of calling his cousin or best friend, but then realised that maybe they were busy with each other and he didn't want to interrupt them.

then a sudden idea popped up in his mind: what if he called chan hyu- no, he couldn't call him.

yet it's true that the day before he had texted him saying he was going to have a free afternoon... and what could jeongin possibly lose from just giving it a try?

so he unlocked his phone and looked up his hyung's number, choosing whether to call him or send him a text.

he eventually decided to text him, since he was already feeling shy about it.

innie
hi hyung

i know i said i was busy today, and i technically am

soo... if you're still available right now, would you mind helping me with english?

jeongin bit his lip waiting for the reply, hoping he wasn't too rude. it arrived not even two minutes later.

channie hyung
innie that's no problem at all !!

do i have to come to your house? i'll be there asap

jeongin almost fell off the bed at his hyung's immediate availability.

innie
yes, please

i'm about to send these books straight back to england

channie hyung
hahaha okay, imma get ready, see u later

jeongin stared at his phone for about five minutes, wondering what the heck had he just done.

he had just purposely invited his crush to his house.

was his mind still in the right place???

as soon as he completely realised what was happening, he stood up, picked up his favourite pastel pink sweatshirt — with the print softie written in black in the centre – from the closet and rushed to the bathroom. he washed up and fixed his hair, checking his face in the mirror to see if he had any pimples.