fifteen♤

a few days after jeongin had disappeared from home without giving any explanation, his mom finally let him go out with his friends once again.

it was saturday, around 2 or 3pm, and the sky was unusually bright for that time and season.

jeongin unbuttoned his jacket with one hand while he held his phone in the other, talking to felix.

"okay, i'll be at your house in five minutes. wait for me on the porch," jeongin said, quickening his steps on the sidewalk.

felix, seungmin, hyunjin and him all had a meet up at their usual cafe, jin's cafe, in half an hour. so jeongin was going to felix's house so they could walk together to the cafe and meet the other two who were already nearby.

soon jeongin walked up the steps to felix's porch only to find him playing with his phone while sitting on a wooden bench.

"hey, felix," he smiled, and the elder looked up, returning the gesture.

"jeongin, hi. let's go," he locked his phone and walked to the street with his friend by his side.

ten minutes later they were all sitting at a table at jin's cafe. they were waiting for their orders and were now enjoying a moment of silence, each one of them lost in their own thoughts while the warm sunlight hit the wooden surface of the table and part of their faces, making their features look even more ethereal.

the first one to speak up was hyunjin, "guys, has anyone of you started to study for the japanese test on monday? because, i still haven't touched the last twenty pages..."

"what?! are you crazy? you think you can learn that lesson in a day and a half?" seungmin almost shouted before shaking his head at his boyfriend.

"hey, don't be mad for a silly thing like that..." hyunjin said, a pout forming on his lips.

"i'm not mad, i just don't want you to fail any classes and... you know the rest," seungmin sighed, tiredly running a hand through his hair.

his boyfriend just stayed quiet, playing with his fingers on the table, while jeongin and felix awkwardly sat there, wondering what the hell seungmin meant by the last sentence.

"sooo, apart from japanese, any good news? felix?" jeongin asked smiling, changing the subject.

felix nodded, and he started speaking as their orders were brought to the table, "changbin keeps talking to me in that weird way... you know, he's trying to make me fall in love with him, but no way is that going to happen. i'm straight."

the other boys were shocked to realise that he actually sounded serious and not just saying it in the moment.

"are you sure? you don't even think he's, uhm, good looking?" hyunjin asked, his rosie lips tightening around the red and white straw of his drink.

"yeah, i mean, he does look good but just... from an objective point of view?" he said, making it sound more like a question, "i'm pretty sure i don't like him that way."

"okay, that's fine. as long as you're comfortable with yourself. and if his actions annoy you, just let him know. and if it doesn't work-"

"then, come to us and we'll handle it," jeongin smiled wickedly, finishing seungmin's sentence.

"got it," felix laughed and dived in to eat the slice of cake that laid untouched on his plate.

the next question, as expected, was addressed to the maknae.

"and what about bang chan? any news about him?" hyunjin asked, getting closer to his boyfriend so he could try his drink.

"uhm, nothing special. we've been talking a lot since that day and it feels really nice. it seems as if we've always known each other," jeongin smiled genuinely, his cheeks reddening at the thought of the elder.

"that's great! i think that's honestly the best feeling you could have in a relationship," felix announced, earning a not-so-subtle look from jeongin.

"we're not in a relationship," the younger clarified, his lower lip caught between his teeth.

"i know, i meant... any relationship has to be based on chemistry and understanding between the two people, otherwise there's no future."

jeongin simply nodded and proceeded with eating his chocolate chip muffin, before he had to answer one more question.

"jeongin-ah," seungmin started, looking him straight in the eye, "do you really like chan hyung?"

and the answer to that question was already the amount of time itself jeongin took to speak.

"why are you thinking about it for so long? you should know if you like someone,"

jeongin rolled his eyes and smacked his best friend on the forehead, "true, but i don't know if i like him as a crush from high school or... as a person i want to be with..."

they all nodded, felix patting jeongin's shoulder in a father-like way, "don't worry too much about it. it's normal, and you'll just figure it out yourself," he smiled warmly at him.

"yeah, but... what if i realise i like chan hyung and... he doesn't like me back?" a small pout appearing on the younger's lips as he mumbled the last sentence.

oh, trust me, he likes you so much, that's what felix wanted to say, but just opted for something else, something less shocking, "why don't you just ask him yourself?"

jeongin's eyes almost popped out of his orbs, "you- you want me go straight to my crush and ask him if he likes me? seriously?!"

"what felix meant is..." hyunjin started, glancing at the other two for help.

"- that you should spend time with him and try to understand if he likes you," seungmin completed making the younger nod.

"okay... thank you guys," jeongin smiled, his dimples appearing and making everyone coo at his cute face.

soon after, the table was filled with many other conversations, but then jeongin's phone vibrated in his pocket and he pulled it out.

he checked the new messages and saw they were from chan. a small automatic smile grew on his face, as he thought about what to reply.

channie hyung
hey innie, are you free tomorrow afternoon?

the basket training is cancelled cuz the coach is sick

and i was wondering if you wanted to hang out :)

jeongin almost said yes, excited to actually spend time with his hyung, but his heart dropped when he suddenly remembered that.

innie
sorry hyung, i can't tomorrow :(

i have to study for an english test and my mom won't let me go out in the evening for now

channie hyung
okay, don't worry, we'll do it some other time !!

and again, i'm so so sorry about the other day, i didn't realise you probably had to go home sooner

innie
don't worry, really. everything's fine now! my mom's just being overprotective haha

channie hyung
okay, lemme know when you can~

i'll see you at school

while jeongin typed away the reply, felix – who was peaking from his side – sighed. ah, whipped man, he thought.

a/n
last update for this year uuh
i hope you all had a great 2019, both with its ups and downs, but still a great year
i'll see you in 2020~

-mic