twenty-seven (date #2)♤

the sun was slowly setting down, making the sky color a soft orange-ish and pink-ish hue.

it looked stunning to jeongin's eyes.

he was looking out the window of his bedroom, his folded arms resting on the windowsill, while his eyes wandered to the scenery in front of him.

his mind was running like crazy, a million thoughts going around with no ending.

he was just in his sweatpants, a bunch of clothes of different styles scattered on his bed waiting to be chosen for that night.

but there was a reason behind jeongin's anxious behavior: he was going on a date with bang chan.

and it was a big deal. a really big one.

he still had half an hour before the elder would pick him up, but he was still in his damn sweatpants.

he sighed for the umpteenth time, closing his eyes to collect all his mental sanity, before his mom called him.

"jeonginie! are you alright up there?" she asked while climbing up the stairs. in a few seconds she was behind the bedroom door, knocking on it.

"yeah," the boy replied, letting her in. she got in and immediately smiled when she saw the state her son was in.

her smile was wise and comforting.

she went up to her son and placed her hand on his bare shoulder, making him look up at her, "what's the matter, sweetheart?"

jeongin stole a glance at the city view before looking back at her, "i'm a bit nervous."

"a bit?" she laughed.

"a lot," he laughed along, shaking his head.

"and why's that?" she asked softly.

jeongin walked to his bed and sat down in a small space free of clothes, "it's just that... i've liked chan for so long, and it feels so weird right now. i still haven't realised he... h-he loves me back"

minjee sweetly smiled to herself, going to sit down next to her son, her hand resting on his thigh.

"it's normal... feeling this way, i mean. and it's also normal falling in love. this is your first time and of course you're inexperienced, just like chan is. but you're both gonna do great, because you're going to be together, and you love each other. and that's all that matters," she said, giving jeongin a wide happy smile that resembled his own.

he returned the gesture and went for a hug, his cheeks flushed a bit red, "thank you so much, mom... i love you"

"oh, baby~" she hugged him as well while softly rubbing his back, "i love you, too. and i'm so proud of the person you've become. i'm really happy you found someone like chan," she reassured him before moving back, and putting on a fake serious face.

"now hurry up and get ready, your boyfriend is gonna be here soon!"

"mooom, he's not my boyfriend!"

"not yet!"

———

the sky was slowly covering in a darker shade of blue and a few clouds popped up as jeongin and chan sat in the elder's car.

a few minutes earlier, chan had picked jeongin up at his house and had surprised him with a new car.

indeed, he had got his driving license a few days before but decided not to tell anything to jeongin, so the younger was quite surprised when bang chan appeared on his porch while walking from a beautiful black car.