thirteen♤

jeongin recovered pretty quickly and soon he was back at his usual table in the school canteen, surrounded by his best friends.

"and so we talked until late at night-"

"doesn't your mom check on you around 1am?" hyunjin interrupted the younger, while biting at the tuna sandwich in his hands.

jeongin giggled, "yeah, she does. that's why i hid my phone as soon as i heard her footsteps, but quickly pulled it out when she went back to sleep," he explained, a proud smile on his face, "she thinks too high of me to imagine i was cheating."

a whistle sound was heard from the other two boys and felix spoke up, "uuh, little jeongin is turning into a real fox!"

jeongin playfully rolled his eyes and sighed, "i really wanted to keep talking to chan. he... he's kinda important to me."

"who's important?" a sudden recognizable australian accent was heard from behind the maknae, who blushed uncontrollably upon hearing that voice.

"mh, no one," seungmin covered nonchalantly, smiling at the newly arrived.

"i hope we are not a burden, here," chan said, a big dimpled smile illuminating his features as he slid into the seat next to jeongin.

soon his other friends followed him and joined the other boys at the table.

minho and jisung sat down together, the elder wrapping an arm around the latter's slim waist, admiring his neck that was littered in hyckeys he knew all too well. he smirked proudly before licking his lips, remembering the night before.

changbinsat down in the last empty seat, which happened to be next to lee felix... much to the latter's despair.

"hey, babyboy," he mumbled, trying to make his voice sound attractive, a smug smile appearing on his lips.

felix scrunched up his nose in disgust, quickly glancing at him before continuing to eat his lunch.

"hey, felix."

he ignored him.

"hey, blondie. do you wanna hear something cute?"

felix barely kept himself from gagging, while chan and jeongin turned to the two of them, interested and curious about what was about to happen.

"yeah? okay, i'll say it," changbin cleared his voice, "would you grab my arm, so i can tell my friends i've been touched by an angel?"

there was a moment of silence, before a loud laugh erupted from the table.

chan was laughing so hard he almost had tears in his eyes and he was clapping his hands together like a seal. jeongin, by his side, laughed along but a little more quietly.

at that sound, everyone turned to them and then looked at felix and changbin.

while felix's soul seemed to have left his body as he stared soullessly at his half empty plate, changbin had a confused expression on his face, his big eyes wandering around the table in search of an answer.

"what? did i say something wrong?"

jisung covered his mouth to stifle a laugh while minho just shook his head, along with woojin.

hyunjin and seungmin patiently waited for the next embarrassing scene, holding their hands under the table.

after chan had finally calmed down and the situation seemed to be back to normal, jeongin smiled to himself as he slowly got closer to his hyung and placed his head on his shoulder.

chan stiffened at first, but relaxed by the second, glad that the younger was finally feeling at ease around him.

so he brought a hand to jeongin's hair and softly stroked it, loving the way jeongin's already sweet features became even more angel-like.

seungmin and hyunjin had their mouths wide open at the cute and intimate scene happening in front of them, but before they could even say a word, changbin spoke again.

"hey felix, is your name google? because you have everything i've been searching for."

and the next thing that happened was felix smashing his head onto his tray of food.

———

the sun was sending a dim light through the clouds that covered the sky in seoul that afternoon.

the weather was starting to get cooler and jeongin regretted not taking with him his thicker jacket.

"are you cold?" chan then asked, seeing the younger trembling a little.

"no, i'm fine, thank you."

"are you sure? it's pretty chilly by now," chan spoke again, voice as sweet as a spoon of melting honey.

at that point, jeongin couldn't help but give in. he honestly felt a bit cold but didn't want the elder to sacrifice for him. he was sure he was cold as well.

"actually, yeah... it's a bit cold," he mumbled, eyes meeting the asphalted path under his feet.

"here, take this," the blonde said, stopping to slide off his school bag and jacket. jeongin let his school bag slide to the floor as well, and stayed still while chan placed his black coat on his shoulders. he then handed him his school bag and got ready himself.

"now, it's so much better," he murmured proudly, watching as jeongin blushed uncontrollably, his lower lip caught between his braced teeth.

"thank you, hyung" jeongin quietly said, fiddling with his hands.

"c'mon, let's go," chan spoke once again, sliding his arm across the younger's shoulder and started walking.

chan was left in his dark green sweatshirt, and even though he resisted pretty well to cold weather, he still got goosebumps, but didn't say anything, too caught up on the younger's well being.

while they walked, chan unconsciously smiled at the younger while he couldn't see him, since he was a bit shorter, and thoughts about them together suddenly filled his mind.

by now, he was certain about one thing: he liked yang jeongin and he was willing to do anything to make the younger his.

if he wasn't already.