Pocket Change

[Wow guys, hi. It has been a good two years since I last updated this story. I haven't really written anything in the meantime, so I hope this update doesn't completely SUCK.

Like a lot of Wattpad authors in this AOT fandom, I definitely fell out of it for a while. It wasn't until recently when I finished the latest season that I really got into it again, even if it's more of my hobby rather than my weeb lifestyle now.

I see all the love and the comments you all have left over this time, and it truly warms my heart to see that my story is still being enjoyed, even two years after I last wrote it. I'm sure a lot of people who have read it since may not even be on Wattpad anymore, but that's alright. I felt inspired to write another chapter, even if it's not the most eventful one (oof, soorrry).

So I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I can still continue this story, and at least have one that I can say I completed. I don't want to make any promises whatsoever (ya girl has three jobs and I'm in school), but I miss having an outlet for my creativity. And seeing how much you all love tis story gave me a spark in my desire. So this chapter is for you, all my fans.  You all are truly amazing.

-Love, and enjoy,

Danni.]

Thump, thump, thump, thump

Eren's heart was pounding as he walked off the stage, the sound flooding his ear drums and drowning out the other noises of the club. He ducked into the dressing room and plopped into a chair in front of the vanity, taking long, deep breaths to curb the adrenaline in his blood stream. It only took a few seconds before the door burst open, with Hanji and a whole entourage behind her.

"Eren!" She squealed, rushing him and scooping him into a crushing hug. "You. Were. Amaaaaazing!"

With a stifled chuckle, Eren returned Hanji's hug, extending an awkward grin to the others standing in the doorway. Petra looked on like a proud mother, nodding in agreement.

"Hanji's right Eren," she cooed. "You were a natural up there. All thanks to my excellent coaching, no doubt."

A laugh rose from the group, and Eren felt pride swell in his chest. All his anxiety melted away as he let out a laugh with the rest of them.

"Of course, Petra. What would I have done without your guidance?" He said, standing and giving the ginger a warm hug. "Seriously," he whispered, "Thanks for everything."

Petra gave him a squeeze. As she let him go, Erwin and Mike gave Eren their congratulations on his first successful debut.

"Now that Eren can obviously dance, does this mean I can have Friday nights off?" Erwin quipped. Hanji gave him a playful nudge.

"No chance, America's Ass." Erwin rolled his eyes, but gave Eren a heavy pat on the back. "You did awesome, Yeager. You had everyone eating out the palm of your hand."

"Thank you guys, really," Eren replied, letting out a relieved sigh he'd been holding. "I hoped I wouldn't make you guys regret it." He grinned. "I'm glad I didn't."

Hanji pulled an envelope out her pocket. "I knew you could do it Eren. And this is your reward for all your hard work." She placed the thick envelope into Eren's hand, her smile growing wider as she observed his quizzical look. She could hardly contain her excitement as Eren blinked at the parcel. "Well go on, open it!"

Eren tore open the top of the envelope, his eyes growing wide at the wad of cash inside. A stack of bills—big bills—were neatly wrapped. The brunette let out a low whistle as he thumbed through the green and blue papers.