Chapter #57 Seraphina

Start from the beginning

"They had adopted Christianity," I continued on, sighing. "And one of the Ten Commandments, 'Thou shalt not kill' did not sit well. Since the military force was constantly obtaining more and more land."

We have been convinced that those more powerful matter far more than those with less power. Instead of agreeing that everyone is equal on their own way, that itself will no doubt being problems.

Nodding, the teacher stared at me, "What else." She didn't look impressed with what I had said, and I wasn't completely surprised. After all, I'm sure she knew I wasn't talking earlier.

"The Roman Empire relied on slaves far too much." My voice quieted down at this, "Most of them were foreign, coming from places that the Roman Empire had already conquered."

It doesn't work too much like that in our modern day world today, but I'm sure there are places where the powerful rule over the weak. In a tyrannical stoop for more power.

When I looked back up at the teacher, I realized that she had already then written on the board, 'Adopting Christianity,' and 'Dependance on Slaves.'

The students jumped up from there seats, almost as if to indicate that they wanted out.

With a sigh, the teacher waved her hand, dismissing us. A look of annoyance crossed her features, and I quickly rushed out of the classroom, not wanting to get called by the teacher herself. She might even send that email to my mother, and that was what worried me, after all, I was expected to be a top student.

Run!

Sneaking out past the door of the classroom, and into the hallway, I scurried through the hall. None of my classmates noticed my abrupt leave, and I guessed that it was because they were trying to get out themselves.

Now I'm going to be late for the Exchange Student meeting or whatever.

The thought of simply skipping it passed through my mind, but I ignored the thought, simply running quicker. No doubt would there be questions asked as to why I wasn't there. And maybe even a phone call to my mother asking me where I was. But she lived far away, and it wasn't as if she would know anything that was going on here.

Time is ticking...

I soon arrived to a pair of stairs, and instead of walking down them like a normal ordinary person would, I grabbed onto the beam right next to the stairs, for support, and flung myself down.

Of course, unlike the results you see in the movies, my little trick didn't work.

Instead of being airborne for the next 5 seconds and reaching the bottom of the stairs no problem with a perfect landing, I was sent flying with no direction, with only my hands to support my fall.

When did I become this reckless?

I didn't have a chance to think of anything else before I hit the bottom of the stairs. And while a little part of me cheered on that I had actually managed to fling myself far enough so that I wouldn't land on the stairs themselves, an even bigger part was in pain.

My right hand had taken the brute of the fall, and I faintly thanked my stupidity for not landing on my left. Where I had found the trackers embedded into my skin a few hours ago. Standing up, I winced at the soft ache in my knee, but quickly brushed it off. I had dealt with far worse.

I swear, ever since Remi has spoken to me about being so tense, and befriending that idiot ravenette, I've grown far more abrupt with my actions.

Tugging at my jacket so that slid off my shoulder just a bit, I covered my arm with it, hiding the injury. It didn't look that bad anyway, but some people were just unnecessarily observant. I didn't want to be caught by surprise.