Chapter #8 Seraphina

If being awesome was a crime
I would be serving a life sentence

"Fire and Claws, are you sure?"

I nodded, "I remember."

The man dressed in black sighed. "Okay then, let me get this straight. You escaped school because you felt like it..."

I bowed my head down whispering, "It wasn't like that..."

"And you found this lady, who we suspect is a member of Ember, attack last years king at Wellston." He paused and glared at me.

"And instead of calling the authorities, you attacked her." He shook his head. "Your not a superhero, and even if you were, what you did was stupid. So could you promise me... that you won't pull a stunt like this again?"

I calmed my ragged breaths down, and faced him with a passive expression. "Do you want me to tell you the truth?"

He nodded.

"If something like this happens again." I began. "I will protect whoever it is. Do you know why?"

He huffed in frustration, "you don't get it do you?!" He stood up. "You aren't strong enough! You may have the ability, but you don't have the experience! You don't have the knowledge!" He began to yell. "You depend solely on your ability!!!"

I furrowed my eyes. "And what do you suggest?" I asked stoically. "Not even you could have done it without your ability." It was my turn to stand up. "Nobody could have done it without their ability." I decided to push it farther. "Even she in the fight depended on her ability! So what are you trying to say?"

He slammed his fist on the table. "You are insolent!" He yelled, "I'm only trying to get you out of a problem that you caused."

I cocked my head. "How?!" I asked, my voice rising. "How did I do anything wrong?"

"Don't misunderstood it." The interviewer told me. "We all are grateful for you saving Rei. But now... we need to worry about the possibility that you might become a vigilante."

I froze. My throat went dry. If that were the case, becoming a hero would be ultimately impossible.

"That's why." The man said softer. "We just don't want you going the wrong path..."

I gulped. I knew that if they were to bring a lie detector. I would be done for.

"We just want what's best for you..." the man coaxed.

I sighed, I knew the truth. They just wanted the high tiers to be protected. I could tell that Ember and the authorities were connected. I just needed to figure out how.

"Hey Joan!" A female walked into the room. "You got the information?"

The man grinned, "I hope so." He teased. Looking at me jokingly.

The woman smiled. "Okay then girl." She pointed to the door. "Your done!"

I left the room, brooding at the situation. Then I remembered. Remi!!!

She had come to my rescue five minutes later I had called. And without question, brought me back to the school, where I had been questioned. I had no idea whether she had heard what had happened, or not.

I pulled out my phone. And put it to my ear.

"Ring..."

"Ring..."