Chapter #57 Seraphina

Ugh... the day is almost over...

Sitting in another one of my classes wasn't that bad, but dreading for what was about to come made a whole lot of a difference.

I could almost feel myself repeatedly tapping my foot under my desk, impatience beginning to get hold of me. I suppose that at this moment, I should simply be happy that I had no other unwanted classmates in the class.

Let's see here...

I could almost make a list of people I had no plans of seeing again today, although some would be forcibly unavoidable. I would probably list John and Arlo, because I didn't want to deal with any of them at the moment, but they'd probably just help distract me from the real problem.

Flint.

My exchange student. One that I really wanted to avoid, but I already knew what the after school plans were anyways. We needed to meet them face to face, whether we had earlier or not. I'm guessing that the school directors thought that it'd be a nice if we got to know one another more. I just hoped that everyone else in my class would have fun meeting their exchange student, cause I certainly won't be having a nice time.

At the exact moment that I had finished my thought, I heard a sharp 'clack' up at the front of the class. The teacher had put a question up on the board, and by the way she was glaring at everyone in the class, I'm sure she was waiting for someone to answer it.

Uh... I might as well answer it then...

Analyzing the question, I mentally groaned, faintly remembering that we were in Socials. The question itself was easy, I'm sure most of the students knew the answer, it was just the way that the teacher had put it.

'What were some of the factors that had brung the Roman Empire to its end?'

Glancing to my classmates, I again remembered that this was the last block, and wasn't surprised to see that most weren't paying attention.

One hand flew up, and I recognized the grey haired boy in one of the front row seats. He seemed almost pleased and prideful, and I had to hold back a scoff. If he thought that knowing this question would mean anything, he was wrong, we had focused on the Roman Empire long ago.

His names Lin... right?

"The tribes up in the north," he began, his hand lowering down when the teacher had motioned his way. "Rome and the Germanic tribes have never had good relations, and so when Rome began facing others problems, the goths, one of the barbaric groups, managed to gain control."

Not a bad explanation, although I'm sure the teacher would've wanted to know about the 'problems' that the Roman Empire was facing.

Nodding, the teacher quickly jot down on the board, 'Goths.' However, she turned back to face us, she crossed her arms. "You don't think that I'll accept that as your only answer, do you? I expect several more." When no one raised their hand, nor spoke up, she raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

Still, nobody spoke up, just looking towards others to see if they would speak. Everyone looked tired anyway, and I had a feeling that nobody was willing to say anything.

"Until we get more answers," the teacher pointed towards the question up on the board. "You aren't leaving class."

Sneaking a quick glance back at the clock on the edge of the classroom, I raised my eyebrows to see that the bell was only 2 minutes away. And I was rather sure that the teacher was going to keep up with her threat, and we would be sitting here for a while if nobody thought of anything.