Chapter #24 Seraphina

"Seraphina," a small voice whispered, "wake up..."

In a small dream like room, I sat down. My eyes wavered, and my lips quivered ever so slightly.

"Where am I?" I asked softly, my eyes seemed to get heavier and heavier, but I still kept them wide open.

"Seraphina," The voice whispered again, "if you don't wake up, you'll regret it..."

I grumbled something nonchalant, and sat up, swaying a little bit. "You make no sense, try to speak more clearly."

     I could feel the other presence in the room smirk, "oh, too bad. You will have to listen closer then."

       My breath hitched, and I waved my arms in front of me, trying to find some sort of wall. The room that I was in was dark, and the pale shadows that illuminated on the floor didn't give me much of a clue to where I was.

       "You will regret it..." the same voice whispered. "If you don't wake up."

       My eyes wandered around the room, "but I can't wake up!"

       I felt a soft hand against my neck, "of course you can, it's your choice after all."

       I spun in a circle, but wasn't fast enough. And the hand was gone. "Is this a dream?" I yelled, confused, "why are you toying with me?!"

        "Humph," a could hear a sigh, "don't ask me, this is your dream..."

        My hands clutched my school skirt, and I glared at the darkness. "Then stop being so confusing. If it's my dream, I decide what happens."

        "Clever," it replied, "but not clever enough. Your conscious decides what this dream is about, it's not like you can choose what happens."

"Just what is expected from my conscious?" I demanded, "ah, you know what, forget about it. If I'm smart at all, I know that asking questions like that won't give me any important information."

"So you do know something," the voice teased, "good to know."

I clenched my teeth, and strode towards the sound of the voice. Although I was only met with cold air of the room.

"Trying to find me?" It asked softly, "you'll have trouble with that."

I closed my eyes and though about it. If my conscious was indeed making this odd dream, the voice would have to be hidden in some place where I wouldn't expect it.

I put a hand to my chin, but nothing came to mind. Wait. What if I decided to put this presence in the simplest spot ever, and expect me to miss it because I though it was too obvious?

         Well, if that was the case, then it would have to be....

       My blue sapphire eyes stared at the very edge of the room, narrowing in suspicion. It would have to be right in front of me.

         I reached out, my hand stretching out wide in front of me. And with that, I spun around rapidly, and was now facing the other direction.

         When I did this, I felt my hand hit something hard.

        Bingo.

       "Looks like you did find me," the voice grinned. "Oh well, I guess that if it was you, I should have known. Although I did expect you to have found me earlier, aren't you supposed to be smart?"