Exquisite Corpse

I was walking through the compound when I heard something coming from the nursery. I looked in that direction confused. I went towards Katherine's nursery and looked down to see one of the wolves protecting her room on the floor. Dead. My eyes widened and I ran into Katherine's room to see Rebekah standing over her crib.

"Bekah?" I asked confused. She turned to me and stared, shocked at me. "Get away from her!" I grabbed her arm to pull her away and slammed her head on the nearby dresser. She fell to the floor and I was at my daughter's side in a moment, but before I could grab her, I was thrown back into my bedroom. I was slammed against the wall and groaned in pain. "Nik!" I shouted and he was at my side in an instant. He looked towards the nursery and saw Bekah in the nursery.

"Rebekah! What are you doing?" Nik lunged for her, but she cast a pain infliction spell on him. I ran back to try and take her out, but she dropped me with the same spell. Nik and I were on our knees in front of her, but Nik forced himself to lean forward so he could scratch her thigh.

"AHHH!" she shrieked before letting go of the spell and jumping out the window. We jumped up and ran to Katherine's bed as she escaped. I picked her up and held her to me tightly.

"Nikolas!" I said worriedly and we rushed to Nikolas' room where he was sleeping peacefully in his bed. I sighed in relief and shared a worried look with Nik.

Later in that day, Nik, Marcel, Hayley and I were in Klaus' study as he pulled a pair of the magic-canceling manacles that Kol's witches enchanted in 1914. Nikolas and Katherine were playing close by so we could keep an eye on them.

"I should really stop packing these away," Nik sighed. "There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling." He handed the manacles to Marcel. "Find Rebekah- or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was- use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister."

"Alright, I won't be the only one looking for her," Marcel told us.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"She killed witch-kids. The twenty-four hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to? Ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her," he explained and I sighed.

"Go to Elijah," Nik ordered Hayley. "Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt."

"I'll go with her," I told them.

"And leave the kids?" she asked him. "Don't you think I should stay here and protect your family with the wolves?"

"Call Jackson," I told her. "You've both been working night and day to make sure the compound is safe for them."

"Yes, by surrounding it with your werewolf army," Nik reminded her. "Not to mention the fact that I'm here, and I know the best way to protect my children is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model."

"Hmm. And, what will you be doing while we're out doing all the dirty work?" Hayley asked him.

"Why, tending to the even dirtier work, as usual," Nik told us.

I stood in the Larue mansion in my usual attire with Hayley while Elijah and Gia were all dressed up.

"Is it just me, or are we underdressed?" I asked her, but she was just staring at the two vampires. I sighed as she once again cleared her throat awkwardly, which didn't go unnoticed by any of us. After an uncomfortable silence, Gia finally spoke up.

"...I'm gonna see if I can find Josephine."

"Please," I nearly begged with a smile. I looked at Hayley as she cleared her throat again before giving Elijah a significant look. He smiled bashfully in response as we waited for our hostess.