The New Deal

"AGHHHH!"

"Nicole you need to push, love." Nik said beside me, holding my hand.

"I'm tired." I told him.

"Come on Nicole. You need to push. He's almost out." the doctor told me. I screamed as I pushed one last time before hearing a high pitched crying in the room. "You did it." he told me as I breathed heavily, tired. "I know you already know this, but congratulations. You two have a healthy son." he handed our son to me and I smiled, holding him close to me.

"He looks like you." I said looking up to Nik.

"Let's hope that all he gets from me." he told me and I laughed at him before turning back to the small bundle in my arms.

"Hello Nikolas. Welcome to Mystic Falls."

Three days later, they released me from the hospital and Nik took me to The Grill.

"Oh, please tell me your are going to get me real food?" I asked him and he laughed at me.

"Of course love. I can't have the mother of my child go hungry, can I?" he asked me. I leaned over to him and kissed him.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you." We got out of the car and Nik went to the backseat and got the car seat out of the car before went inside. When we got inside I saw Elena and Damon at the dartboard, talking. "Why don't you go grab a table." he suggested and I nodded before taking the car seat and leaving to find a table.

"Hey Nicole." I turned to see Ric walking to me from the bar.

"Hey." I said to him.

"So that's the little guy." he asked me looking into the car seat I was holding.

"Yep." I told him putting the car seat on the booth and taking Nikolas out of it. "Ric this is Nikolas. Nikolas this is Uncle Ric." I introduced, handing my son to him.

"Uncle?" Ric asked me, smiling at Nikolas.

"Well if Jenna hadn't turned into a vampire I bet you two would have married." I told him and he looked at me shocked. "Who knows, you still might." I hinted.

"Like you said, she's a vampire." he said, handing Nikolas back to me.

"That doesn't mean anything." I told him, looking back at Nik talking with Elena and Damon. "Just because the person you love is a vampire, doesn't mean they wont fight to keep you by their side forever." I looked back at Ric and smiling.

"I forgot who I was talking to. Hey let's all have lunch together. You, me, Elena, Jeremy and Jenna." he told me before leaving.

"Did you have a nice chat?" Nik asked wrapping his arms around me, pulling me close to him.

"I did. I'm assuming you heard every word of it." I said and I felt him nod. "My man the multitasker. Shouldn't that be an oxymoron?" I asked making the both of us laugh.

"Are you going to eat with your family?" he asked me and I thought about it for a moment.

"I think it's a good idea. I want them to get to know Nikolas." I told him. He sighed before nodding and we left, him taking me to my childhood home. "I'll see you later." I told him before kissing him. I grabbed Nikolas and went inside the house to hear Elena, Jenna and Ric talking.

"So, you're ready?" Ric asked.

"Vampires, hybrids and originals- no problem. My rebellious brother- I'm worried." I heard Elena say.

"Proof that you're still human." Jenna told him.

"Hey guys." I called to them as the front doors opened. I turned to see Jeremy walk in and watched him go to the fridge. "Hi to you to."