Nicole

Three years ago

"Do you even know how you're going to get Klaus to trust you?" Katherine asked me as we sat at a bar drinking and walking.

"That's where you're supposed come in. Teach me everything you know then we come up with a plan to set you free." I told her. "What are we doing here anyway?" I asked her.

"We're meeting a friend of mine. You know her." Katherine told me.

"What do you mean? Don't tell me you got my sister involved." I warned her.

"No. I wouldn't want her on this. But it is a family member of ours." She told me looking around the bar.

"Who? We don't have a lot of family." I reminded her taking another drink.

"Nicole Gilbert meet Isobel Fleming. Isobel meet your daughter." I turned and saw a woman who I hadn't seen since I was born.

"Hello Nicole."

"Hello Mother."

Present:

Elena knocked on the door to the Salvatore house while I played with my necklace.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked me.

"Of course I am." I told her putting my lockets down so they rested against my bare skin.

"Hello, Elena. Nicole." Damon greeted when he opened the door.

"Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important." Elena told him.

"Right this way." He said moving aside for us. We walked into the house as Stefan walked into the entryway.

"Hey." He greeted us but all eyes were for Elena.

"What is this about?" She asked as Rose walked into view. "You." Elena looked at her shocked. We all walked into the living room and Elena plopped herself onto the couch.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose told us.

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon told her.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan clarified for her.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked us.

"No. When it comes to the chain of command Elijah is up there but Klaus is at the top. Hes the king, for lack of a better term." I told them pacing in front of the couch.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest vampire in existence." Stefan told her.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me and Nicole?" Elena asked looking the the three vampires.

"Yes." Rose and I told her.

"No." Stefan corrected us.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon said looking at Rose.

"Which it is." Rose told him.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you" Damon continued.

"Which I'm not" Rose told him.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon said looking at me.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan said looking between the tow of us.