The Ties that Bind

The next morning, I got up early and went for a run. I was tired of being a victim for people to use against Nik. When I got back to the boarding house I walked inside to get ready for the day when I got a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Nikky." I smiled at his voice as I walked up to my room for a shower.

"Nik. How did I get this honor?" I asked him.

"The house is finished, love. You and Nikolas can come home," he told me and my smile grew.

"Ok. Give me a few moments to shower and get us both ready for the move and we'll be there," I told him. "I love you."

"I love you. See you soon." with that we hung up the phones and I rushed to my room and quickly showered before packing up our clothes and taking them to the car. I went back to the house to get Nikolas ready to leave when I ran into Damon.

"What's got you in a hurry?" he asked me.

"The house Nik was building is finished so Nikolas and I are going to live there from now on." I told him going upstairs to get my son.

"You're going to live with the Original that's using your sister as a human blood bag?" he asked me.

"Yep." I answered before going to the small baby bed I had and got Nikolas up. "Hey little guy, did you have a good sleep?" I asked him smiling.

"You know he wont be able to answer you for a year or so." Damon told me and I gave him a look before getting Nikolas ready to go.

"Thank you for letting us stay here Damon, I appreciate it." I said giving him a small hug before I put Nikolas in his car seat and driving off to my new home.

When I got to the address Nik had given me I couldn't believe what I seeing. This wasn't a house or a Mansion it was a freaking palace! It was huge!

"Well, no matter what people say about your father Nikolas they can never say he doesn't have the money to take care of you." I told him before getting him out of the car and going inside. "Nik?" I called to him.

"Nikky, welcome home love." I saw him walking down the grand staircase to both of us and couldn't help the smile on my face.

"It's good to be home." I told him before giving him a quick kiss. He took Nikolas from my arms and held him, smiling down at our baby. "This place is amazing." I told him and he smiled at me.

"Come. I'll show you to our room." he told me.

"Our room?" I asked him.

"Unless you want a room of your own." he said and I shook my head.

"No. A room for two sounds perfect." I told him and he smiled at me as we made our way further into the mansion. Nik opened a door for me and I smiled at the large room. It was perfect for the two of us. It had books, art, everything a girl could ask for, including a joint bathroom. "And where will Nikolas be?" I asked turning to him. His smile grew at my question and he opened another door I'd assumed was a closet. I walked into the room and saw a large nursery filled with anything and everything parents would want for a newborn.

"What do you think?" he asked me.

"Oh, Nik. It's wonderful." I told him. I watched as he placed Nikolas in his new crib before walking to me. He kissed me gently before we had ro remove ourselves from Nikolas' room.

Later that day, Nik pulled me with him to the Salvatore Boarding house while we left Nikolas with Jenna so he could talk with Stefan. Nik wanted to keep an eye on me after what had happened with Stefan. Nik and I sat in a char together as music blasted.