Family Issues

I walked into the kitchen to find John watching TV with Elena eating breakfast at the table.

"Good morning." John said to me, smiling.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Coffee?" he asked avoiding the question. Elena just watched the conversation between us.

"We're not doing that. We did that last night, no more avoiding. Why are you here?" I asked him.

"I'm here to protect you, your sister and my grandchild. That's all I can say for the moment." he told me and I glared at him.

"What do you mean that's all you can say?" I asked him.

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you." he told me and my glare deepened. I heard Jenna and Alaric talking as they came closer to us.

"I'm late." Jenna told him as they rounded the corner.

"That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times." Alaric told her.

"What the hell?" Jenna asked as she looked up at John.

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." John said smiling.

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not excepting you like ever." Jenna said.

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." he told her and I glanced at my sister, questions dancing through my head.

"You know, I'm probably just gonna take off." Alaric said glancing at us before leaving.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna said looking at all of us.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." John told her.

"Not here, you're not." Jenna told him.

"Jenna, I could kiss you." I said hugging her

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here." he told her.

"Actually I can, as legal guardian." Jenna told him.

"Yeah, about that... Elena, Nicole, you want me to explain the situation or would you like to do the honors?" John asked us.

"Okay, what's going on?" Jenna asked looking at them.

"I'm sorry, Jenna. I should have told you earlier but..." Elena tried telling her but John cut her off.

"I'm Nicole and Elena's biological father. There, now you know." John said leaving us alone with Jenna.

"What?!" Jenna asked us.

I sat in the living room when Damon came in. He looked at me before looking around.

"Where's John?" he asked.

"He's not here, he left. I don't know where he went. He just blew in, announced to Jenna that he's our dad and then took off." I told him.

"That's public knowledge now?" Damon asked.

"Apparently." I told him.

"Are you okay?" he asked us.

"Yeah. Jenna's head spinning but we're okay." Elena told him.

"He said what he was doing here?" Damon asked us.

"No. You know, Stefan thinks that he's telling the truth about wanting to help us." Elena told him.

"Do you believe him?" Damon asked.

"Yes, we do." Elena told him.

"No. I don't believe him for a second." I told him and she gave me a look.